The Key to Finding A Good Flat Iron Is...

Tru_Mind

Lucky September '04 Issue

Q: IS THERE A FLAT IRON TO MAKE MY NATURALLY CURLY HAIR STRAIGHT WITHOUT DAMAGING IT?

A: The Hair Art straightening iron is a stylist favorite. "The heat from any flat iron is going to damage your hair, so the key to finding a goo one is the way it's built," say Jonny Gaita of New York's Antonio Prieto Salon. "Look for one that's sturdy--so you don't have to pull too hard. And make sure its ceramic--metal one cause snags and splits ends."

Also, use a thermal protector, like Thermasilk Heat Activated Leave-In Conditioner, before you blowdry. Finally, the Matrix Sleek Look Iron Smoother protects hair from even extreme flat irons that heat up to 450 degrees.

THERMASILK HEAT ACTIVATE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER $3.99, DRUGSTORES

HAIR ART CERAMIC STRAIGHTENING IRON, $80, BEAUTY.COM

MATRIX SLEEK IRON SMOOTER, $13.95, MATRIX.COM

Last edited:
I wont trade my CHI for a Hair Art straightening iron, but I need another heat protectant.

Anyone that has Curlmaster Ceramic Irons...it's not real ceramic plates.

Last edited:
What is up with these new flat irons that say you can go from wet to dry hair with the flat iron? Vidal Sassoon has one and when I was in Target I saw that another company had one. I went to a stylist and after she washed and conditioned my hair she grabbed this high heat hot flat iron and started moving it towards my hair. I was like " My hair is still wet!!!!". I think her iron was a CHI. She stated "Oh - you do not have to dry your hair to flat iron it." I could not get with that program. Is this a new method that I totally slept on or something? Please advise.

Back