The cap weave?

mstankers

I just called a salon and was told abouta weave where a cap is put on your head and then sew in the hair? Has anyone heard of this or scene it done? How deos it look? Details please

Hi, me again!
laugh.gif

I think thats what they call a "quick weave". Its supposed to be just as beneficial as a traditional weave, but takes up half the time. Ur real hair is braided under, and then a cap is placed over it, then hair is either glued or sewn onto the cap. Usually glue, that way the glue doesnt touch ur hair at all, therefore preventing damage.

I saw it done and it is just the making of a custom wig. They glue the tracks to the cap which is on your head. After it is all over you have a wig.

Thanks Caramelle and Bett1. The idea sounds nice but if its like a wig I might as well by one right? This weave business is getting so fishy for me. I have bought a ton of hair magazines, harassed you guys on the board and I still dont understand all of the weave techniques. Is there any way I can get a wevae without my real hair showing. I am asking cuz I dont want to perm...

Actually, they are two different styles.
There is a weave/wig style where a nylon cap is placed on your head then pieces are glued in...custom wig/weave. Then there's another style where a net wig cap looking thing is placed on your head and the hair is sewn in...you can't remove it. Check out http://www.sensationnel.com

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Faith said:
Actually, they are two different styles.
There is a weave/wig style where a nylon cap is placed on your head then pieces are glued in...custom wig/weave. Then there's another style where a net wig cap looking thing is placed on your head and the hair is sewn in...you can't remove it. Check out http://www.sensationnel.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up. What do you think is the best weave technique? I want a full head without my real hair being shown. I cant seem to find a stylist in new york who knows how to do this...
frown.gif

I think the best technique is to cornrow your hair up and sew the hair onto it.
Check out the reply to your PM.

Back