Thank you Ladies! One Month Progress (PICS)

Dymmeonds

I would like to thank all of you ladies for all of the help you have provided, purposely and inadvertently! I pre-pooed, MegaTeked, Bhringrajed and Henna'd my way into visible progress in almost a month! Here are my one month progress pics: Thanks again!

12/26/08 Start Pic (The date on my little sister's camera was not yet set)
Picture002-vi.jpg

Thin and Gray
IMAG0349.jpg

1/17/08 after MT w/ Mahabhringraj Nightly & 1st Henna Treatment
IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

P.S. I am 16 weeks post too!

Last edited:
Your hair looks good, so what did you do to make the 16 wk post look so straight?

Flat Iron with a heat protectant I had lying around, um..(*as she goes to get the jar*) You Straight Him + Her from Luster. That is another thing I got from this board I never realized the need for a heat protectant...and I am not sure that is what I was doing when I would put Perfect for Perms on my hair before I flat ironed, but I suspect not the way my hair would sizzle:nono:. I actually bought this stuff when I could not find my PFP and Walgreens up the block didn't have any so I grabbed this stuff and DID NOT LIKE how it made my hair feel when I used it...so I put it down and then I ran across a thread here about the need for heat protectants and I decided to give it another try...I realize now that I used WAY too much the first time and that is why my hair came out a HOT MESS (literally). It did a pretty good job this time.

WOW! You're almost BSL. Great growth what was your reggie?

I don't have it down to a science yet, but this is what I have been doing for the last month:

MegaTek mixed with Mahabhringraj Oil applied nightly to the scalp with an applicator bottle (which made my roots a little crunchy so I have been wearing my hair in either a french braid, ponytail or bun lately)

Friday Night Prepoo (one egg, Kirkland Signature Hydrating Conditioner, Shea Butter, sealed and Coated with Dabur Amla and Coconut Oil)

Saturday Morning wash with Shikakai Shampoo Bar and Condition again with Kirkland Hydrating Condish and Seal with Coconut Oil. Let my hair airdry for a couple of hours. Blowdry when it is barely damp, flat Iron and wrap.

It is not ideal, b/c at first I suffered from a lot of shedding which I combatted with Garlic Pills, but then the weak hair at the ends of the strong hair growing in was breaking like CRAZY. As you can see in the length picture the end of the hair I am holding is practically invisible. I just did my first Henna last night and my breakage is OVAH (for now at least)! I have resigned myself to having to lose the ends once this thick hair keeps growing in :perplexed

I would like to thank all of you ladies for all of the help you have provided, purposely and inadvertently! I pre-pooed, MegaTeked, Bhringrajed and Henna'd my way into visible progress in almost a month! Here are my one month progress pics: Thanks again!

12/26/08 Start Pic (The date on my little sister's camera was not yet set)
View attachment 25317

Thin and Gray
View attachment 25319

1/17/08 after MT w/ Mahabhringraj Nightly & 1st Henna Treatment
View attachment 25321

View attachment 25323

P.S. I am 16 weeks post too!

WOW!!!!:blush::blush: That's some awesome growth. Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time. Congratulations:yep:

Wow that's some great growth. You watch that heat every week. Try roller sets and I'm so envious of your progress..I gotta wait four months to get what you get in 1 month.

Thanks so much, Dymmeonds, for sharing your great progress. So inspirational! I, too, have fine hair and use a megatek, mahbrhingraj mix nightly. And on Friday I just did my first henna! With all these similarities I hope to have your same progress, too. That would just be fantastic :yep:

:congrats:

Wow that's some great growth. You watch that heat every week. Try roller sets and I'm so envious of your progress..I gotta wait four months to get what you get in 1 month.

Thanks for the advise Cicily. I actually I have taken to the habit of having my hair rollerset weekly, but my SIL/stylist just had a baby Jan. 5 and so she is at home and not in her shop. I need to get a hood dryer and learn how to do it myself, but I am so spoiled and lazy cuz she loves me more than her twin brother (ex-husband) and does my hair for free or minimal charge! I was just going to flat-iron until she returned to work...:rolleyes:.

Thanks so much, Dymmeonds, for sharing your great progress. So inspirational! I, too, have fine hair and use a megatek, mahbrhingraj mix nightly. And on Friday I just did my first henna! With all these similarities I hope to have your same progress, too. That would just be fantastic :yep:

:congrats:

Thank you and Good Luck! I know I said it before in your post about the stupid co-worker, but I LOVE your twist-outs...and your smile! Stay beautiful!

Back