Texturizing with Mizani butter blends

lovely!!!!!

I used to be a silk elements gal...

1. silk elements gave me a "natural look" 4b mind you... with less frizzbut reverts within 2 weeks and DRRRY and brittle hair that needed constant moisture/protein balance monitoring.

2. Mizani gave me a relaxed BUT not bone straight look that is not as dry and lasts "reversion if you will" (because I know relaxers dont really revert) was longer... at about 8 weeks I "looked" natural again but not as course.

lovely!!!!!

I used to be a silk elements gal...

1. silk elements gave me a "natural look" 4b mind you... with less frizz but reverts within 2 weeks and DRRRY and brittle hair that needed constant moisture/protein balance monitoring.

2. Mizani gave me a relaxed BUT not bone straight look that is not as dry and lasts "reversion if you will" (because I know relaxers dont really revert) was longer... at about 8 weeks I "looked" natural again but not as course.

this is great to hear! I believe that I have 4b hair, at least if I am understanding the hair typing thingy on naturallycurly, and read on BHM that texturizer are not good for this hair type due to the nature of the curl. It said something abut it being too nappy or something. Currently, my hair is extremely short and I want a texturizer b/c I am doing more damage to my hair than good(being honest with myself). If I can post pics on the forum of my hair could you let me know if it is too short/able to be texturized using this relaxer?

tia,
tishee

Hey, Tishee! Did you find your Mizani Butter Blend at a local bss or are you ordering it from the internet?

this is great to hear! I believe that I have 4b hair, at least if I am understanding the hair typing thingy on naturallycurly, and read on BHM that texturizer are not good for this hair type due to the nature of the curl. It said something abut it being too nappy or something. Currently, my hair is extremely short and I want a texturizer b/c I am doing more damage to my hair than good(being honest with myself). If I can post pics on the forum of my hair could you let me know if it is too short/able to be texturized using this relaxer?

tia,
tishee

Sure. :yep: Are you ultimately seeking to keep your option to get a fro in the future? - or do you want it to be a straight (fro not an option) look?

Because, I think if you have a z pattern or no clear curl pattern in your natural texture the relaxer is going to have a straigtening effect - not curl defining effect that is often advertized on the box of most texturizers.

Sure. :yep: Are you ultimately seeking to keep your option to get a fro in the future? - or do you want it to be a straight (fro not an option) look?

Because, I think if you have a z pattern or no clear curl pattern in your natural texture the relaxer is going to have a straightening effect - not curl defining effect that is often advertised on the box of most texturizers.

thanks sweetie. My hair is very tightly curled and it is extremely difficult to show length in my hair(in it's natural state). I spoke with a stylist today and she said that maybe my hair could be set on rods to give the effect. I looked at her like she was crazy. I asked her is she was serious she said yes. For me, this just sounds really bad for the hair. I am going to crop the pictures now and come back to post them. May I ask if you have ever heard of a texturizer being set with rods to maintain the look if your hair is of a difficult texture?

thanks sweetie. My hair is very tightly curled and it is extremely difficult to show length in my hair(in it's natural state). I spoke with a stylist today and she said that maybe my hair could be set on rods to give the effect. I looked at her like she was crazy. I asked her is she was serious she said yes. For me, this just sounds really bad for the hair. I am going to crop the pictures now and come back to post them. May I ask if you have ever heard of a texturizer being set with rods to maintain the look if your hair is of a difficult texture?

I think she is conveying that your hair will no longer be "tightly coiled" after the texturizing so she would have to set with rods in order to get that effect if you want to keep the same look.

Oh and on the textruizer being set? No. :nono: the texturizer should not be set with rods. It should be applied, neutralized then the hair should be conditioned and THEN set with rods to maintain the 'tightly curled' look.

I think she is conveying that your hair will no longer be "tightly coiled" after the texturizing so she would have to set with rods in order to get that effect if you want to keep the same look.

Oh and on the textruizer being set? No. :nono: the texturizer should not be set with rods. It should be applied, neutralized then the hair should be conditioned and THEN set with rods to maintain the 'tightly curled' look.

thanks so, so much sweetie for explaining this for me. I explained to her that my hair was very tightly curled and it is extremely difficult to show length/progress(I am more of a visual person :look::grin:). I asked her if the texturizer would loosen my curl pattern. She said yes. She said that if you want it to remain curly then it would probably have to be rodded up to maintain it. She had a client sitting in her chair and I asked if I could come back next week for a consultation. She said sure sweetie and we set an appt. for next Tuesday. Before I left, I asked her if the hair was set on rods if when I washed it at home there would still be curls or would I need to re rod it myself with each wash. She said that the rods would have set the texturizer so when I wash it at home it would curl back up. I am going to put together a list of questions to ask her and ask her to explain in detail(step by step) what she would be doing and the ultimate end results b/c I looked at the prices they charge and said to myself if it is not right.......lord have mercy.

ETA: after I get the inital texturizer and it obtains length what are my other options? To telax or relax bone straight? With either of these do I have to bc and start all over without the texturized hair? The risk of processing the already processed hair(texturized) is much greatly as it gets longer or no?

Last edited:
Hey, Tishee! Did you find your Mizani Butter Blend at a local bss or are you ordering it from the internet?

hey sweetie,

the mizani butter blend relaxer system is ava. in the bss here. It is at the one on Highland(Royal Beauty). I have to go to C&P tomorrow and will let you know if they have it.

Back