Texturizing NewGrowth...

ComfortablyNumb

I had a texturizer not too long ago on my natural hair. The difference between the texturized hair and the way my natural hair was is NOT noticeable (except for a tiny patch in the front). The only thing the texturizer really did was knock out frizz. So my question is (although my next touch up won't be for months) how in the heck will I be able to prevent overlapping when the two textures are pretty much identical?

Re: Texturizing New Growth...

I, too, would like to see an answer to this. I think the best way would be to have a good amount (1/2-inch or more) or new growth and to coat the previously treated hair with a base, petroleum or conditioner.

It is hard to tell, but maybe you could blow dry prior to getting your hair re-done. Maybe you will see the difference in the two textures then.

Okay I'm going to blowdry my hair in a month or two and see if it is possible to tell. I hope it is!

The pattern of my hair is identical!

I'm thinking maybe if I keep impeccable growth records I could go off of that? Do you guys think that would work?

It's identical, but isn't your texturized curl pattern more loose? I find that if I shampoo and blow dry my hair like three/four days prior to a touch up my new growth shows very well because I sweat at my scalp from taking showers, etc., and its nice and nappy looking. You can't help but see the difference. Hope that helps.

It's not looser! It just knocked out the frizz! It was on some parts of my head upwards of maybe 2-3 minutes! The most it was left on any part of my head was maybe 6-7 minutes and this was with Elucence (which is supposed to be pretty mild in itself).

Should I even be worried? I mean, my hair is barely, barely texturized. Would overlapping still be a big concern on barely, barely texturized hair?

Well, I would be concerned with overlapping, you don't want to make your already texturized hair straighter or damaged. Then again it all depends on how long you decide to wait between touch ups too.

With my hair - which is texturized a little straighter with a wave pattern to it, I can see and feel my new growth. But with my daughter's - I can barely tell. So, I've decided to do her hair every six months. By then there shouldn't be as big of a concern with overlapping.

Back