Texturizing for the first time!

secretrose

Hi Ladies:

I'm currently trying to transition from relaxed to texlax and I need some assistance. :confused: I am currently 4 months post relaxer and have about 3 inches of new growth. On March 8, I got a sewin to go on vacation. I was going to keep it for 4 weeks but i'm becoming very nervous about the damage :perplexed since i don't know how to take care of my regular hair with extensions. I am removing it today and I plan to texlax on sunday and wear my clip-ins again :) .

Ok so my relaxer of choice is hawaian silky sensitive scalp but i think it may be too strong to use this time since I don't want super straight hair. Some ppl have suggested added EVOO and leave it on for a shorter period of time but i'm still nervous. Should I just buy a texturizer and follow the instructions? Can anyone recommend a good one step texturizer that I can use? TIA.

secretrose said:
Hi Ladies:

I'm currently trying to transition from relaxed to texlax and I need some assistance. :confused: I am currently 4 months post relaxer and have about 3 inches of new growth. On March 8, I got a sewin to go on vacation. I was going to keep it for 4 weeks but i'm becoming very nervous about the damage :perplexed since i don't know how to take care of my regular hair with extensions. I am removing it today and I plan to texlax on sunday and wear my clip-ins again :) .

Ok so my relaxer of choice is hawaian silky sensitive scalp but i think it may be too strong to use this time since I don't want super straight hair. Some ppl have suggested added EVOO and leave it on for a shorter period of time but i'm still nervous. Should I just buy a texturizer and follow the instructions? Can anyone recommend a good one step texturizer that I can use? TIA.

Secretrose, tomorrow I'll be using SILK ELEMENTS MILD lye instead of the REGULAR at the salon. I expect to have texturizing but, never having used mild I do not know what the actual result will be. Mixed reviews on the boards about Hawaiian Silky relaxer. I only use the HAW.SILKY 14 Moisture spray. I just want ease of handling my hair, silky straight is not my preference either.

Back