Texturizer Support-ish Thread?

NitaChantell

I am 100% sure that there is another one of these, or something similar, but I can't find it, and I'm being lazy,lol. If no one responds to this, I'll be forced to find it, but let's see how this goes:spinning:

Alright, if you texturize [or texlax, whatever that means] your hair, please get in here and share!

• what relaxer or texturizer do you use?
  • how long do you leave it in [if you are a DIYer]?
  • what is your weekly regimen?
  • how often do you do touch ups?
  • what products do you use?
  • do you color your hair as well?
  • if so, what do you do to keep your hair healthy?
TIA:yep:

When I was texlaxed, I used ORS No Lye! and I just kept up with doing Protein treatments every 6 weeks, deep conditioning weekly, and using a good leave! I left mine on for like 10 minutes, no more than that, I would touch up like every 8 weeks, my hair was fluffy & growing.

Are you thinking of texlaxing/texturized?

what relaxer or texturizer do you use?
I use hawaiian silky no-lye (lithium hydroxide) I like that it is soooo mild and leaves my hair with shine and lots of volume
how long do you leave it in [if you are a DIYer]?
I leave it in for 12 minutes maximum
what is your weekly regimen?
Co-wash every other day to everyday (when its warmer) and I DC 3-4 times a week (light protein at least once)
how often do you do touch ups?
Although I have been stretching for 4 months because I have been so lazy, in the future I will texlax every 2-3 months
what products do you use?
Henna, Dominican Conditioners, Ayurveda, Trader Joes Nourish Spa. For more detail, see fotki.
do you color your hair as well?
Henna...that's it. I don't like to double process
if so, what do you do to keep your hair healthy?
Frequent Co-washes, direct heat only 1 time every 1-2 months, air-drying, roller setting on cool
HHG!!!

When I was texlaxed, I used ORS No Lye! and I just kept up with doing Protein treatments every 6 weeks, deep conditioning weekly, and using a good leave! I left mine on for like 10 minutes, no more than that, I would touch up like every 8 weeks, my hair was fluffy & growing.

Are you thinking of texlaxing/texturized?

I am! I did it the day of my last BC, but since my hair is two different textures, the back of my head completely straightened, and the front only loosened a small amount. If I do it again, I want to make sure I have more knowledge under my belt so there will be no mishaps!

I know what you mean, my back straightens easily, so I wouldn't even touch it up, cuz it just blended in, my top is also tighter, I also combed and smooth, then rinsed it out, it looked straight after I rinsed, but once it started air drying the curls came back and it was fluffy! Sometimes I do think of going back to texlax because this dryness is a mess, and I have tried everything and I am done spending all this money for moisture.

Last edited:
DLewwis is Texlaxed and has a thread here somewhere with her regimen - products and step by step. Her hair is so gorgeous!!

Back