Textlaxed Regimens

lonei

Hello textlaxed ladies

Does your textlaxed hair matt together when wet? Is it hard to detangle? Can you please clearly post your regimen below with products?

Thanks and God bless x

Buuuummp. My roots are tangled I'm wondering if its because I'm stretching or using products that work on my texlaxed hair and not my natural roots

Bump again, this is exactly how my hair behaves, Ive seen both your posts lonei on high and low porosity. I cant seem to determine which I am either. I remember my hair was doing so well at one time then went astray. How I wish I used a hair journal.

I think ive figured it out, I am low porosity. The relaxer doesnt take even though I leave it on for the max time, its protein sensitive and I did the strand test and it floats on the top of the water and my hair is always dry. Now I just need some product recommendations to fix it

I'm watching this thread. My hair doesn't take relaxer anymore but I keeped it weaved up so it's not so bad. I just took my hair down and it was really tangled. Next time, I'm going to have to shampoo my hair in braided sections to avoid all these tangles. Normally when I shampoo (Creme of Nature-sulfate free) my hair and keep it straight, use Duo Tex or Aphogee two minute, then DC w/ ORS replenshing or Kenra, my hair cooperates. Oh, and I pre-poo with some type of oil. This normally helps but when I'm 4-5 months past relaxer, I think the only thing that's gonna help me is doign this hair in sections.

I did some research last night because my hair is doing the most. I haven't come up with a regimen but I took some notes on what others have said helps with lo-po hair and plan to incorporate the suggestions.

Giovanni Direct 50/50
Shea moisture enhancing curl smoothie
shea yucca and baobab (trying this line soon got it from Walgreens BOGO)
Shea moisture coconut hibiscus
As I am coconut cowash (I tried this and I liked it, I stop using it listening to reviews, what I see more and more, what works for most and is raved about my hair hates...thus a bottle of WEN collecting dust)
V05 Moisture Mix

Grapeseed oil
Jojoba Oil
Argan Oil
Glycerin
Honey
coconut oil (I think, I don't see it on the notes but the cowash contains it)

Proteins that are lo-po friendly
Silk, wheat and rice

Baking soda mixed in conditioner and then spray with AVJ (I have tried BS twice not in conditioner just stirred in some water and can attest to less tangles and matting)

Another thing I noted was that lo-po hair benefits from steam treatments and deep conditioning.

No heavy oils like olive

I am going to try to use these things to make a regimen and see how my hair acts after 30 days.

If your products contain sulfur,your relaxer will not take. For me, sulfur products grew my hair like crazy,but confounded my texlax process. I'm going to be texlaxing in the future and I am going to treat my texlaxed hair like it's natural. Co washing and DC each wash. I also will be rollersetting to cut the heat.

Last edited:
This is from my blog:
Hair Regimen
My regimen is simple in some ways. I wash and DC 1x per week. Cowash 3-6x per week. I seal and moisturize during the week, along with Greenhouse Effect (GHE). Lastly, I also use topical growth aids which I massage in 3-5 times per week. See…simple!!!

Now for the break down. Read on!

I have a full wash day every Sat. I pre-shampoo, shampoo, DC and steam (if it’s not too hot). My products vary from week to week. I only use heat for length check or after a fresh texlax. I do not have a set schedule to texlax but there is a 10 week minimum. My hair holds up better if I do not stretch to 16 weeks because it’s too so much stress on my hair. My everyday styling is minimal: buns, wigs, or French braids. So far this year, I’ve only worn my hair down 2 to 3 times max.

The easiest way to explain my regimen:

Saturdays:

Pre-poo with Molasses, Amla Treatment, or a hot oil treatment (HOT)
Shampoo: Shikakai bar or commercial shampoo

Detangle: V05 conditioner or Wen while in the shower
Deep Condition: overnight with a baggy or for 20-30 minutes with steam or heat
During the week:

Cowash as needed or when my hair is calling for water. There are times when I just rinse my hair with plain water.
Staples:

CoWash Conditioners: Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner, V05 Moisture Milks (Strawberry), Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Any of the Tresemme moisturizing conditioners and the split-end therapy, and Tea Therapy Ayurvedic Mixed

Deep Conditioners: Shea Moisture Purification Masque, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner, Suave Almond and Shea Butter, Aubrey Organic’s Honeysuckle Rose, and Jessie Curl Deep Conditioning Treatment.

Cleansing Conditioners: V05 mixed with shikakai, neem & aritha (conditioning mix made with amla, brahmi, orange, lemon, and rose powders, hibiscuswater powder and henna, WEN, and Suave Clarifying Conditioner
Oils:

Hemp Oil, Red Palm, Mustard Oil, Wheatgerm Oil Ayurvedic Oils (homemade): Neem, Shikakai, and Amla, Coconut Oil (Parachute brand), Vatika Oil (Dabur brand) Safflower Oil, Sunflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, EVOO, Avocado Oil, Macadamia Oil, and Sesame Oil (not on regular rotation)
Essential Oils:

Peppermint, Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Eucalyptus and an Essential Oil blend: Lemon Oil, Bergamot Clove, Bitter Orange, Lavender, Rosemary,
Supplements:

Biotin, MSM, B-complex, Zinc, Hair, nails, and Skin Vitamin, Magnesium, B-12, Fish, Flaxseed, and Borage Oil combo

The last thing is fruits, veggies and exercise. I have noticed an increase in growth when I eat right and exercise.

Back