Texterlaxed???

SSBD

Can somebody please explain to me the process...
is it better for ur hair than a relaxer
Do u apply it like a relaxer
can u still get a lot of growth with one
are the chemicals really harsh on the hair

Can sombody please tell me their experience with one...Thank you

It's just another way to say that your hair is lightly relaxed (texturized + relaxed). This is done by not leaving the relaxer on as long, adding oils or conditioner to the relaxer or using a milder relaxer than usual. A lot of ladies (myself included) love doing this because it leaves a lot of the original curl, body and strength in the hair. However some ladies found that they had a hard time with adjustment. There are a ton of threads on being successully texlaxed, if you do a search you should come up with some good info!:)

secretrose said:
is underprocessed the same as texlaxed?:confused:

Yup, one is by accident (underprocessed) one is on purpose (texlaxed). If I wanted to get my hair bone straight by instead wound up with hair that was still curly/wavy I would consider myself underprocessed. But since I want hair that still has a lot of it's curl and strength even after a relaxer, I consider myself texlaxed.;)

Beware, in my case its not as easy to straighten without heat and mats together when wet

A Texturizer is what a Wave Nouveau is. It's a chemical treatment meant to enhance your curl/wave pattern not to straighten you hair. However, some of these compounds are actually just weak relaxers (confusing I know) and give the same results as being texlaxed. Therefore many ladies use the term texturized and texlaxed interchangeably because the sometimes are the exact same thing.

I just recently texlaxed after being natural for years (about 6 years!) It was a tough decision for me, but I realized that I enjoyed wearing my hair straight about 95% of the time. So it didn't make sense for me to use so much heat to straighten. I just applied Mizani Milde (sensitive scalp) relaxer to my hair (with a scalp base protector) and let it sit for 5-7 minutes with minimal smoothing on my edges only. This slightly relaxed my hair texture allowing my 4b coils to uncoil slightly. Now I can wear my hair in a fierce curly do or straight with minimal heat. I'm loving it!

Isis' Fotki was an inspiration to me after the texlax experience. Her hair is thick, healthy and LONG.

Oh I must say my hair is collar bone length and loving that swang!

Back