Texlaxed/Texturized Ladies: Can you get a straight rollerset?

MizaniMami

WithOUT flat ironing or blowdrying?

It must be all about technique?? If so how?

I am thinking about rollersetting, doing the saran wrap method, an dkeeping my hair wrapped for a day or two then taking it down.

No longer texlaxed, but I could and actually still can get a straight rollerset without direct heat. Your hair has to be taut on the roller that's the only thing I can think of as far as technique.

No way, thats actually when I realised that I was texlaxed, it was a corrective with lye which somehow made the previous no lye hair go frizzy. I cant wait for the days when I dont have to use a flat iron after a rollerset anymore.

cincybrownsugar said:
No longer texlaxed, but I could and actually still can get a straight rollerset without direct heat. Your hair has to be taut on the roller that's the only thing I can think of as far as technique.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "taut?" How do I make my hair that way?

MizaniMami said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "taut?" How do I make my hair that way?

It means very, tight, slick and straight when you are rolling a section of hair on the roller, not sloppy.

Sorry basically it means tight. I make sure to smooth my hair over the roller and then as I roll the hair I make sure to pull it tight so that when my hair dries it is straight. Here is a rollerset I did on my natural hair, this is simply after combing the curls out when it dried

Nope, could not straiten it one bit.:ohwell: that's why I decided to relax fully. My hair doesn't relax easily, so we'll see how long it stays strait.

This is a good ? because I cant get the texlaxed part of my hair to str8en to save my life. The reverse rollerset helped but I still had to flatiron the roots. The texlaxed part is really dense. I was gonna try the saran wrap but after I spent all that time rollerseting I was scurred it wasnt gonna come out.

Yes. I can get a straight roller set. I have to make sure my hair is completely saturated and smooth as I roll. A good styling lotion and leave in condiotioner is essential! I only have a few inches of relaxed her in the back crown. Now, the part close to my scalp will not be straight, but this is pretty transparent because of the density.

dynamic1 said:
Yes. I can get a straight roller set. I have to make sure my hair is completely saturated and smooth as I roll. A good styling lotion and leave in condiotioner is essential! I only have a few inches of relaxed her in the back crown. Now, the part close to my scalp will not be straight, but this is pretty transparent because of the density.

This is exactly how I roller set. I also tie my hair up with a silk scarf as soon as I take the rollers out.

When I was texturized I could. My texture was wavy/curly. I just had to keep my hair really wet, and like someone said, I had to make sure I put it flat on the roller and pulled it tight. Although I have been fully natural for a while, I haven't tried roller setting yet. I stopped doing it when I was texturized too because it took me too long to get my hair in rollers and it took a long time for my hair to dry.

Back