Tech Caps for Deep Conditioning

VALLEYGIRL

I purchased one of these this week and wanted to share.
I don't really know if it makes a huge difference but it is larger and more secure (tighter) than the regular plastic disposable caps so I can fit all my hair in it. ( I no longer have to use plastic shopping bags from the grocery store when I do a deep conditioning or hot oil treatment!)

Here is the link:
http://www.aldan.com/spafr.htm

Valleygirl

PS If you live in LA I got my cap from Ball Beauty Supply on Fairfax for $2.95

interesting... i might have to check out Ball Beauty. i always go to their website but have never been to the store. Fairfax & what?

adrienne

I've seen metallic caps for deep conditioning in Wal-Mart. I have never bought them. I only purchase the clear caps for deep conditioning. They fit pretty tight (almost too tight), and I can get all of my hair under it.

This cap seems interesting. One bag does not cover my hair unless it's soaking wet. I need at least 2 and if I'm doing deep conditioning treatments I like to use 4: one for the back, one for the front, and one for each side = full coverage! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
One bag does not cover my hair unless it's soaking wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

SVT,

What type of bag are you referring to? If you're referring to grocery store plastic bags, I've used one when I didn't have any of the clear caps for deep conditioning on hand.

posted by Allandra:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SVT,
What type of bag are you referring to? If you're referring to grocery store plastic bags, I've used one when I didn't have any of the clear caps for deep conditioning on hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The clear plastic kind sold at Sally's. Maybe those are just made small?
1343.gif

How do you secure the grocery bags onto your hair? I may want to try it.

They fit pretty tight (almost too tight), and I can get all of my hair under it

Really? Where do you get yours Allandra? I also get mine at Sally's and they are kinda small and don't fit tight to me.

SVT
I bend over and put my hair in the grocery store plastice bag then knot the handles together around my forehead area. I sometimes roll the extra bag area up a bit and use a bobby pin to secure the bag a little tighter.
I hope this makes sense
Valleygirl

SVT and ValleyGirl,

I purchase my clear caps for deep conditioning from Wal-Mart. I get a pack of 15 for ninety seven cents. They're called 'The Original' Easy Fit Full Size Plastic Caps.

To secure the grocery store bags on my head, after placing it on my head, I gather the 'leftover' of the bag in the front, twist it and then tuck it under the bag. This secures it pretty well.

HTH.

416 N Fairfax between Beverly and Melrose...right across from Canters Deli
323.655.2330. It is a small store but they have lots of goodies for hair and skin. Very nice and helpful staff as well
Valleygirl

Back