Tangles and Breakage!

Danniquin

For maybe 3 months my hair has been tangling really bad and breaking off. I decided to go back to the Ateyaas regimen ,basically lots of protein, because when I used to do that I could easily comb through my hair. I used the aphogee like 3 weeks ago and it stopped the breakage. Then it started breaking again so I decided to use moisture that week and it didn't help. I deep conditioned overnight on Friday and when I washed it out the tangles were still there. My conditioners that normally work really well aren't providing any slip. I'm not sure what to do, I think I'm gonna relax later this week to stop the tangles that are forming in my new growth. Any advice?

Personal experience: I have to do a thorough detangle for my hair to be any kind of normal. If I dont the sheds I dont get just keep building and my hair will tangle and knot up in time. I suggest a thorough detangle outside the shower with some leave in and a comb you know gets the tangles out. I have to do one thorough detangle once a week (I detangle twice a week) because my hair will punish me if I dont.

For the breakage, if protein stopped the breakage, then do it again. If you protein overload and you start to breakage, increase moisturize. It really a balancing act.

Thank You, I just detangled one section, but I was losing alot of hair so I stopped, I guess I have to just get it over with.

I detangle before I wash and then do hot oil on dry hair. Once I rinse the oil out and wash, my hair tangles a little bit at the ends so I detangle again with a denman under the flow of water. If I tangle up while doing my rollerset I will spritz on Pantene Detangler Silkening for Medium-thick hair and it does the trick. Right now I'm 11 weeks post and I use Knot Today on my new growth and it never tangles....just the ends give me issues.

Thank You, I just detangled one section, but I was losing alot of hair so I stopped, I guess I have to just get it over with.

I do notice more hair comes out when I detangle out the shower but guess what, it should. I am looking to get all the sheds. In the shower, I only get some. If you're getting alot of short broken hair then you're just having a breakage problem. You should stop or add more leave-in as you detangle.

If you add water to tangled hair, your hair will thank you with tangles and knots.

Hello Danniquin have you Clarify'd.

What is exactly going on? little broken pieces? Hard hair? I am just trying to get and understanding clearly, I am ultra tired right now so excuse if you addressed this issue already.

Hello Danniquin have you Clarify'd.

What is exactly going on? little broken pieces? Hard hair? I am just trying to get and understanding clearly, I am ultra tired right now so excuse if you addressed this issue already.

I haven't clarified I shampooed with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair. My hair feels soft. It's coming out from the root and it's breaking. The pieces are long and short.

Back