Synthetic Braid Wearers: Do you find the longer your real hair gets, the less time

Harina

you can wear your fake braids before it starts looking bad. When I started wearing fake braids to go natural ( i had a twa), I could wear fake braids for 3 months (or more :perplexed) and people would still be like "Oh girl. Who did your hair?" Now that it is longer, :nono:. I've had these twists in for one month and they look raggedy. Anyone else experience this? I guess it makes sense though.

Last edited:
Re: Synthetic Braid Wearers: Do you find the longer your real hair gets, the less tim

No, I did not have that problem but rather just the opposite. I had my curly twists in (synthetic hair) for two months and over Thanksgiving I had to show people my scalp to prove that it was NOT my own hair. Everyone said that my hair looked so great and many people thought that it was my own hair.

Re: Synthetic Braid Wearers: Do you find the longer your real hair gets, the less tim

I know what you are talking about. I can't use straight textured hair anymore :( It just looks a mess after a couple of weeks. So now, I use only kinky hair and my hair does fine in it, but I rarely keep any extensions longer than 1 month because I get bored quickly

No, I did not have that problem but rather just the opposite. I had my curly twists in (synthetic hair) for two months and over Thanksgiving I had to show people my scalp to prove that it was NOT my own hair. Everyone said that my hair looked so great and many people thought that it was my own hair.

I wish I had it like that. I like wearing them in for at least 2 months. I know idealy they're supposed to be in only about 1.5 months, but I haven't had any setbacks from leaving them in longer.

I know what you are talking about. I can't use straight textured hair anymore :( It just looks a mess after a couple of weeks. So now, I use only kinky hair and my hair does fine in it, but I rarely keep any extensions longer than 1 month because I get bored quickly

I think this might be the problem. The twists I have in now are straight-ish textured hair. Guess I can't pull that anymore unless I just don't wash/condition my hair. Which isn't happening. I've gotten kinky twists before. I might have to revisit it. That or yarn braids.

When my hair was only 2 or 3 inches, the straight human hair was fine
But it just doesnt cut it anymore

It's always the same for me. My 4b hair grows in a tight coiled manner so even when I kept braids for 4 months (DON'T do that!) I looked like my hair had just been braided 2 weeks ago even though I had 2 inches of growth.

Long synthetic hair brushes against your clothes and looks raggedy after a while. If they're straight, take a long cup of hot water and re-dip the ends in them a few sections at a time. If their curly............. can't help with that one.

Back