Switching up shampoos & conditioners

babygirl89

How often do I need to switch up my shampoo and conditioner
confused.gif
I plan on transitioning in a few months, and I've already put together a regime. I've heard that if you don't switch up your shampoos and conditioners on a regular basis, they will start to "get used" to your hair. Is this true? I still have more products I want to add on to my regime, so i'm hoping I don't have to switch up too often, so that I can wait before it's time to select another shampoo and conditioner.

BG89- that's what I heard too so I recently went out to buy a new shampoo and two conditioners. That makes 3 shampoos: one moisturizing, one for distressed hair, and a clarifier and 6 (AHH!) COs: cholesterol, tea tree, ORS Mayo, JCS moisturizing, VO5 S&C, Suave M&H.
shocked.gif

I am always switching up shampoos and conditioners and it has not harm my hair I am a product junkie out of control.

I personally find my hair responding quite well to having several shampoos, moisture conditioners ad protein conditioners. I use them alone or mix them 2 or three a a time. I do believe that your hair acclimates itself to your shampoo or conditioner after a while and does not respond as well as it first did. I use the shampoos and conditioners alone, as I said or I will take two or three and mix.

I mix the moisturizing shampoos. I mix the moisturizing conditioners and I also mix the protein conditioners with the moisturizing conditioners. You create new ones that way. The only ones that I don't mix are the two shampoos that I use to clarify every 4-6 weeks. My hair seems to like this.

Re: Switching up shampoos & conditioners

When one doesn't respond, I try another. I personally don't like to use the same stuff for every shampoo and condition.
smile.gif

Re: Switching up shampoos & conditioners

I should add that I only stick with the same shampoo, because my hair is so difficult to untangle and I've had the best reponse with that particular brand. Otherwise, I don't see any harm with switching up.

Back