Switching up products! Calling all PJ's.

chelleypie810

My friend asked me an interesting ? yesterday and I just wanted to see what ya'll thought. I told her I had about 5 conditioners and a couple shampoos that I was trying to use up so I can only use about 3-4 staple items in my shower. She said isn't switching up products like that not good for your hair? I said I don't know. Now being a salon chick in the past they were using the same thing in my hair every week and my hair was always growing nicely. Should I just sell the products I have instead of trying to use them up?? That being said..I'm starting to use each product consistently until it is used up then switch. This may take me a couple years :lachen: but I'll probably end up giving/selling more stuff. But yea, the question is does switching products hinder hair?

IMO, only if your hair has an adverse reaction and it limits your ability to pinpoint which product (or combination of products) caused the problem. A number of ladies on the board switch products from week to week and/or wash to wash, including myself. No problems here!

My hair loves to switch every now and then. Even my staples I have 2 versions of the same thing to purposely switch up. I have my Ion Extreme Moisture (STAPLE) and I have my Silk elements creme container (STAPLE).

I have my Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee Two Minute, Aphogee 2 step all staples, Might swap out Aphogee 2 step for Dudley's DRC when I am finished. I use this as a pre relaxer treatment.

Another Note, I am using my stash up as well, I have about 4-5 years worth of DC in my stash, nothing to do but use them.

I may Switch Product 'lines' but I always use the same product 'type' if that makes sense.:look:

Co-Washer, Clarifier (when needed), Reconstructor, DC'er, a PC Product *either Roux, Nexxus or FSP* A Ceramide, A Creamy Leave-In and a Daily Moisturizing Treatment and a Protein Treatment (when needed).

The Product Line/Brand may change, but my overall Regimen remains Constant.:yep:

^^ I also wanted to add that. My regi is very consistent. Cowash or clarify depends on my scalp, dc, rollerset, flat iron out the roots. I moisturize when my hair feels dry, but rollersetting has combatted that problem. Thanks guys this was really helpful. Well I will keep switching it up! My silicon mix original and perla de protein come today! I'm so excited..this is what they use at my salon at home..I just had to cave in and go head and get it.

I may Switch Product 'lines' but I always use the same product 'type' if that makes sense.:look:

Co-Washer, Clarifier (when needed), Reconstructor, DC'er, a PC Product *either Roux, Nexxus or FSP* A Ceramide, A Creamy Leave-In and a Daily Moisturizing Treatment and a Protein Treatment (when needed).

The Product Line/Brand may change, but my overall Regimen remains Constant.:yep:

I think this is the most important part of a HHJ! Good assessment, T!

*sighs* I have serious ADD when it comes to hair products. My loyalty lasts only as long as my next wash. And for this reason I have no idea whats really working for me. I have my staple products, but I rarely use them longer than 2-3 weeks in a row, with the exeption of Joico K-pak stuff. Thats really the only line I remain faithful to

Back