Sweetcocoa can you share...

JazzAngel

your twist out method? I was just looking at your natural pictures and I love the way you go from straight to wave/curly. How did you achieve that wavy/curly look. I love the moist and sheen of your hair as well.

I actually makes finger coils.....(4-5 in the pics). I now do a head full of them...securing them at the scalp with a hair clip. I twist them(using my thumb and index finger) with a creamy leave-in of conditioner and melted shea pomade(1/2 teaspoon) and Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter(lot's of it). They will unravel a little...but that's okay. Once they dry (90%) I smooth a little gel over each coil(I'm currently loving Aura Cacia Curl Enhancing gel), then let the gel dry before seperating them(as if seperating a straw set). If I just air dry I get waves and curls mixed up...and more shrinkage...I get less shrinkage when I dry it in coils. Does that make sense?

Thanks Sweetcocoa,
well I love the soft pulled back look. When my hair broke off I found it hard to maintain a friz-free look. As a result I now love my hair in looser updoos and twist outs that aren't perfect.

I did not understand your drying process with and with out twist. Can you explain this again?

Thanks
JA

Back