Sweaty Roots/edges

LegsLegsLegs

My hair is very thick and long. I sweat a good amount in my head almost daily so my edges always look a hot mess. And my scalp gets stinky only a few days after washing I think because it sweats. Any tips on how to keep my edges flat and scalp smelling good (aside from shampooing all the time)?

Dry shampoo will keep your scalp dry and smelling fresh. I’ve used several brands including Not your Mothers and Tresseme
Yeah that’s the only thing I can think of.
I sweat in my scalp too, so I have always been a frequent shampoo, cowash, rinse person and it didn’t matter if I was relaxed or natural.

Also I would suggest using an antifungal shampoo. It could just be BO, or it could be a sign of a fungal infection (mildew-mold, yeast type of smell)
Neutrogena T/Sal shampoo
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
Nizoral Shampoo

just look for a shampoo that has Ketoconazole as the key ingredient. Over the counter will usually have 1% of that active ingredient and you can go to Walmart, order online, or a store that has curbside.
Shampoo, rinse and repeat, then follow one more type with a moisturizing shampoo or a very rich moisturizing/slip producing conditioner.

you can also try making a tea tree oil/distilled water mixture spray to spray on your scalp. Work it through, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then shampoo with a clarifying shampoo for first lather, then moisturizing shampoo for second lather.
I would just go with getting an antifungal shampoo, since the ratio of how much tea tree and water is not verifiable.

I hope this helps. Also make sure you air out your hair if it gets sweaty. Like take your hair down, remove your wig, blow dryer on cool if you wear a sew-in, or sit under the dryer on cool if possible. Wrap hair up at night silk. It maybe more breathable than a satin bonnet, which can trap heat.
Also no deep conditioning/hot oil treatments/pre-poo with plastic caps for long periods of time.

Also I would suggest using an antifungal shampoo. It could just be BO, or it could be a sign of a fungal infection (mildew-mold, yeast type of smell)
Neutrogena T/Sal shampoo
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
Nizoral Shampoo

just look for a shampoo that has Ketoconazole as the key ingredient. Over the counter will usually have 1% of that active ingredient and you can go to Walmart, order online, or a store that has curbside.
Shampoo, rinse and repeat, then follow one more type with a moisturizing shampoo or a very rich moisturizing/slip producing conditioner.

you can also try making a tea tree oil/distilled water mixture spray to spray on your scalp. Work it through, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then shampoo with a clarifying shampoo for first lather, then moisturizing shampoo for second lather.
I would just go with getting an antifungal shampoo, since the ratio of how much tea tree and water is not verifiable.

I hope this helps. Also make sure you air out your hair if it gets sweaty. Like take your hair down, remove your wig, blow dryer on cool if you wear a sew-in, or sit under the dryer on cool if possible. Wrap hair up at night silk. It maybe more breathable than a satin bonnet, which can trap heat.
Also no deep conditioning/hot oil treatments/pre-poo with plastic caps for long periods of time.
Wow thank u very much!! I’ll definitely see what works for me

Back