Surge Users! When to stop before a relaxer?

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I have used Surge off and on, but I have been using surge faithfully for about a week now. I want to go another week with it. I am trying to hold out on getting my touch up until Dec. 10. Honestly I dont know if I can make it. The new growth is killing me! But I need to know how long should I stop surging before it is time for a relaxer or does it matter. I dont want any damage being done because of surging.

I've used it the same day as my touchup, having washed my hair the day before. NO BURNING. I also based my scalp with vaseline the night before and then the hairdresser based it again.

Do you use surge while you wear your hair down? I have some new growth and i'm currently roller setting my hair and I don't want to mess up my style?

Yes, I surge and wear my hair down. My hair doesnt start to look crazy unless I go more than 4 days without washing my hair.

The last time I stopped a couple of days before and started 2 days later. BTW, I wash every 2 days.

[ QUOTE ]
Shinka said:
Do you use surge while you wear your hair down? I have some new growth and i'm currently roller setting my hair and I don't want to mess up my style?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Shinka ~

Yep, I Surge with my hair down. In fact, the reason I chose to Surge the morning of my (afternoon) touchup is so there would be a distinct difference b/t my roots and my already-relaxed hair, to decrease the likelihood of the stylist overlapping/overprocessing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back