Summertime - What do you use??

Whimsy

Okay Ladies, I posted a few weeks ago about my half relaxed / half texturized hair :( and now I need more help. Since the top 6 inches is practically straight and the bottom 6 inches are curly I'm going to have to wear my hair straight all summer (so as not to look like a damn fool). I've never worn my hair straight in the summer humidity so I'm SUPER nervous.

My hair frizzes when i just think about humidity, let alone going outside in it.

HELP!

What do you use in the humid summer months to keep your hair from frizzing and curling? I need it to stay straight!!

(can you sense my desperation?)

I remember Sylver mentioning this in a thread a long time ago but she said once she seals the moisture in her hair she doesn't have problems with frizz from humidity. I'm guessing the leave in makes the hair swell and keeps the moisture out of the cuticle? I may not be explaining it right. You might want to PM her and ask her though...

I would like to know as well. When I wear my hair straight in the summer it frizzes pretty bad. The only thing that has helped this minimally is aveda humectant pomade.

This will be my first summer of "healthy hair care" (I joined in October). I usually wear my hair in protective styles during summer because of the high humidity, but maybe I'll be more adventurous now that I know how to care for my hair.

Maybe.:look:

I'll be trying braids/twists sooner or later.

imstush said:
I use John Frieda's frizz eaze....but that would be a no no if you stay away from cones.

If cones is what it takes to avoid frizz for a few months I'm down!

Divine Inspiration said:
DCing with coconut milk added to my conditioner + using TIGI Control Freak on wet hair before rollersetting or flat ironing

Also, check this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=120239

DCing works too. When I loaded my curly weave down with DC (I didn't rinse it out for a while) it stopped it from frizzing and getting really big even after I rinsed it out. I guess the conditioner weighed it down some kind of way. Without it the hair looked like a frizzy bush by the end of the day. I think I'm going to wear my hair like that again this summer though.

I haven't found anything to keep my hair straight in summer so I don't even try anymore. Humidity is no joke. I don't think it's possible sometimes. Just wondering if you're looking for it to be silky bone straight or just stretched out.....maybe braid-outs?

MissScarlett said:
I would like to know as well. When I wear my hair straight in the summer it frizzes pretty bad. The only thing that has helped this minimally is aveda humectant pomade.
Your hair is georgeous girl!! I thought I was looking at my curly ponytail for a minute, lol.

Pokahontas said:
Your hair is georgeous girl!! I thought I was looking at my curly ponytail for a minute, lol.

Thanks! I see your name....my dh calls me pocahontas:cool:

ITA, I have such a hard time controlling humdity in the summer that I don't wear my hair straight that much, only something special and then
i' m checking the weather forecast, its just not worth the effort to straighten and then turn into a frizz ball:ohwell: the only thing I can control in HOT GA humdity is when i wear my hair curly

Back