Stylist did not give conditioner after touchup!

simplyhair

Ok ladies, I just moved and tried a new stylist. She gave me a Mizani Sensitive Scalp Relaxer but did not give me a conditioner. By the time we discussed the conditioner, she already had the setting lotion on my hair. BTW, this is not the first time a stylist has done this. Well, only one time before has a stylist done this.

Why do they do this
frown.gif
? What happens when a conditioner is followed after the relaxer.

I forgot to mention...she did leave the Neutralizer in for 5 minutes.

This is one reason why I started taking care of my own hair. The stylist was either rushing you out of her chair(money) or thought that you don't know anything about hair care. What was her demeanor toward you, jealous? After a relaxer, your hair is extremely fragile and needs moisture the most. The conditioner prevent breakage/damage.

She was nice and very open to my questions. However, I did ask her is this something that she typically does. She states that she does believe in giving conditioners. Then I came to the conclusion that she was trying to rush me out of the chair.

She was concerned that I had so much new growth. So, she had to work at smoothing my new growth. Yes, it was thick and I was only 8 weeks. I think that is nothin' compared to everyone else at 10-12 weeks. But I know my new growth is pretty tight after 6 weeks.

Hey, a stylist did the same to me in January- She not only did not give me a conditionner after the relaxer, she also didn't properly rinse out the relaxer in my hair coz she was in a rush. My hair started coming out instantly. My stupid self not knowing anything about hair care, went back to her after a week to show her the damage. She called her self fixing it by giving me a shampoo and conditioner again- Although she made me pay for a deep conditionning treatment- When I ask her why the deep conditionning she was giving me was only one minute, she said that's how it's done. I idly sat and let that lady made my hair wrost and when I came home I got online and found the hairboards. I am now saved.

I had to cut my hair and start taking care of it by myself- If I were you just for caution, I would wash my hair again and do a deep conditionning treatment right now.

I agree with the last thing chanou said. What in the world possessed that woman to not condition your hair?!

She claimed that the hair was conditioned through out the process. I believe certain stylists see that my hair is thick and pretty healthy and think they can get away with not giving me a conditioner. Like I said, this was the second time this has happened to me (two different stylists).

I wanted to do a self relax myself or let my sister in law or her friend do it. But of course my hubby (knowing how I am) told me to slow down with different folks in my head. He knows how I am when it comes to my hair. He was just cautious about his sister or her friend doing my hair. But I told him that some stylists will jack you up.

But I took a gamble and went to a stylist. I will definitely wash and deep condition my hair.
smile.gif

To my surprise, a client after me had hair that was bra length or longer and it was healthy. She was getting a relaxer also. I wonder did she give her a conditioner. I was leaving out when it was time for that client to go to the sink. So, I don't know
mad.gif
!

Sorry to hear that, you can find someone better. I like to ask questions about relaxers, etc. before I get my hair done somewhere new (I recently went to a new stylist). If you're unsure about what questions to ask you can contact your old stylist about the right questions to ask and the right answers to receive.

If I were u I would have gotten out of the chair and went straight home and did a serious deep conditioner. I would not have paid her and I would never return.

I have had to learn at the cost of my hair that stylists only get away with what we let them. I would not let a doctor, pharmacist or other professional get away with leaving out something so critical, intentionally!

Do a deep condition and don't forget the moisture. PLEASE never let this woman come near you again with any chemicals. Your hair will thank you for it!

Yes, you all are right. I will not go back to her. I just remembered that there was another client there that had 3a type hair (very thick and curly in a natural texture). She washed her hair, took her back to the stylist's chair, put some foam stuff on her hair and sat her under the dryer. She didn't give her a conditioner either. Some nerve!
mad.gif

The same thing happened to me back in December 2002. My stylist was in a really P*ssy mood....needless to say that was my LAST relaxer (I was lucky enough not to suffer any real damage)

While I don't go to a stylist for relaxers, I put only a leave-in conditioner when I relax my hair. I wait a day or two before deep conditioning it.
perplexed.gif
confused.gif

When I got relaxers, my stylist always made a point to give a deep conditioning treatment immediately after rinsing the relaxer out and before shampooing. He says this is the point when the hair cuticle is the most open and can absorb the conditioners best - makes sense to me. Definitely change stylists.

Oh darn it! Now, I can't recal if this lady ever put conditioner on my sis' hair when I took her to get her hair did! She used a hella heat on her hair afterwards as well. Then, the stylist was like "her hair is really dry". Hmm.....

*yellowpages.com*

[ QUOTE ]
simplyhair said:
Ok ladies, I just moved and tried a new stylist. She gave me a Mizani Sensitive Scalp Relaxer but did not give me a conditioner. By the time we discussed the conditioner, she already had the setting lotion on my hair. BTW, this is not the first time a stylist has done this. Well, only one time before has a stylist done this.

Why do they do this
frown.gif
? What happens when a conditioner is followed after the relaxer.

I forgot to mention...she did leave the Neutralizer in for 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with NOT putting a conditioner in your hair after a touchup? My mom relaxed my hair and she hasn't always put a conditioner in my hair after a touchup and my hair hasn't ever messed up from not doing so.

Did something bad happen to your hair from the stylist not putting a conditioner in your hair??

When I was getting relaxers, I remember my stylist telling me that the relaxer has special conditioners in it, so there was no need for extra conditioning.

Okaaaay....

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
a relaxer strips your hair of everything period.
you need to put back what the relaxer has taken out e.g protein and moisture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The chemicals are so strong that I also believe the relaxer strips the hair. How could so many stylists practice one procedure and others don't
confused.gif

I just got an opportunity to wash it this morning. I got the touch up on Wednesday. Up until this morning, my hair appeared fine. But you never know. Better safe than sorry.

Nuetralizing shampoo is supposed to wash everything out of your hair. It is stronger than clarifying shampoos. I wouldn't feel good about not having a deep conditioning after a relaxer. A lot of the effects of what these stylist do don't show up right away but will show up after repeat abuse.

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
Nuetralizing shampoo is supposed to wash everything out of your hair. It is stronger than clarifying shampoos. I wouldn't feel good about not having a deep conditioning after a relaxer. A lot of the effects of what these stylist do don't show up right away but will show up after repeat abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't necessarily "feel good" about not getting a deep conditioner. I'm just grateful it was not immediate damage. But I can see how the damage would appear after consistent abuse. I have learned and will not be going back to her. Hopefully, I can learn how and be brave enough to do my own relaxer.

i was talking to my friend earlier, and her friend washed her hair with neutralizing shampoo because that was the only shampoo she had left, and her edges fell out.
ohwell.gif

That is crazy....She should have known better. She may have been trying to rush you out of her chair, but she was not too in a rush to take money from you...After a relaxer is one of the times the hair really needs to be conditioned........This is what she needs
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif

Oh, I know you don't "feel good" about it just empathizing.

Yeah that woman needs a good kick in her backside for that!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that Falon. I obviously misunderstood
whyme.gif
. Thanks for understanding
smile.gif
!

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
That is crazy....She should have known better. She may have been trying to rush you out of her chair, but she was not too in a rush to take money from you...After a relaxer is one of the times the hair really needs to be conditioned........This is what she needs
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA

Back