Styling after retouch--Need Your Help!!!!!

SherylsTresses

I'm still a newbie so I need help.......

I got my retouch this weekend at 18 weeks post and I made BSL. Yeah!!!!! :grin: So how should I do my hair to avoid combing it?

• My front layers have grown out so I can't just ignore that shorter part of my hair
  • The protein treatment always make it look rather dry and stiff after retouch :blush: but it does look better by the weekend. It then looks well moisturized and fuller but I don't know why....
  • I want to continue the no combing at all regimen
Honestly, I did comb through and wrapped it for bed the entire weekend. Didn't want to but wasn't sure what to do with it. I tried the NTM silk touch-leave-in and bantu knots but those things were ultra tight afterwards and my longer layers looked a horrible mess. I'm so used to bunning and DH wants to see my hair down for a change. I welcome all comments. Thanks in advance. :sad:

First off congrats for making BSL!...where's the pics???

Second, you can try finger combing your hair into pin curls, loose bantu knots or maybe even Sylver's scarf method... I've been doing that and my hair comes out great in the a.m... she has it detailed in her fotki...

I avoid combing my hair through the week by finger combing my hair in a high ponytail and wrapping my hair around it, when I take it down in the morning my ends have a slight bump and I can wear it out or finger comb it in a ponytail or bun... HTH...

First off congrats for making BSL!...where's the pics???

Second, you can try finger combing your hair into pin curls, loose bantu knots or maybe even Sylver's scarf method... I've been doing that and my hair comes out great in the a.m... she has it detailed in her fotki...

I definitely like:
I avoid combing my hair through the week by finger combing my hair in a high ponytail and wrapping my hair around it, when I take it down in the morning my ends have a slight bump and I can wear it out or finger comb it in a ponytail or bun... HTH...

:yep: I never like my hair after a retouch so I'll post a pic next week after my first shampoo. Thanks soooo much for your response. I'll definitely be trying it. :yep:

You can go some wash and go's since it's getting warmer, braid-outs, roller-sets, pin curls, ectetera! :grin:

I'm still a newbie so I need help.......

I got my retouch this weekend at 18 weeks post and I made BSL. Yeah!!!!! :grin: So how should I do my hair to avoid combing it?

• My front layers have grown out so I can't just ignore that shorter part of my hair
  • The protein treatment always make it look rather dry and stiff after retouch :blush: but it does look better by the weekend. It then looks well moisturized and fuller but I don't know why....
  • I want to continue the no combing at all regimen
Honestly, I did comb through and wrapped it for bed the entire weekend. Didn't want to but wasn't sure what to do with it. I tried the NTM silk touch-leave-in and bantu knots but those things were ultra tight afterwards and my longer layers looked a horrible mess. I'm so used to bunning and DH wants to see my hair down for a change. I welcome all comments. Thanks in advance. :sad:

my hair is not a long as yours but i did just have a touch up and what i've been doing is pin curls and they have been coming out GREAT you should try it.

My hair turned out perfect!!!!!!!

I did:
*Two pin curls for my front long layers
* Fingercomb my hair into a high ponytail and wrapped it around
* Loose baggy and tied my hair

My hair came out with amazing loose curls. Thanks guys. LHCF is da best!!!!!!!!! :yep:

Back