Struggling...Please Help

divinefavor

Hello Everyone!

I am currently at 9 weeks post relaxer, I'm trying to make it to 12 weeks. I'm not sure that I can make it though. :) I have so much new growth especially after using the MTG a couple of times. I'm going out of town this weekend and of course I would like to get a touch up. However, I think I'm going to tough it out. I was thinking that I will set my hair so that it will be curly all weekend. The only problem is I'm afraid that the new growth will really show. :lol: Any suggestions on this? Also, any suggestions on how to keep my new growth soft and moisturize.

Thanks in advance for your help! Have a Blessed & Prosperous Day!

A braidout or twistout would work well with your newgrowth, also the ponytail method helped to soften my newgrowth. HTH

Thanks!!!

Girl, I can't braid a lick! :lachen: I've tried to do the braidout and twistout and it didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :)

im also struggling and ive given up and will be relaxin today. I like the fact that i have so much newgrowth yet i cant style it anymore.....

divinefavor said:
Thanks!!!

Girl, I can't braid a lick! :lachen: I've tried to do the braidout and twistout and it didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :)

LOL, neither can I but my braidouts came out decent looking anyway. Are you doing them on wet or dry hair? The best twistout I got, IMO anyway, was when I CW my hair twisted it all up and then let it air dry all day, that night when I took them down my hair was dry and it turned out very nice.

I think it was dry and then I got it very wet with leave ins and conditioner diluted with water and proceeded to braid and twist.

Do you braid or twist in sections or are you doing it in a cornrow? I've tried cornrow and can't seem to get it right. LOL!

divinefavor said:
I think it was dry and then I got it very wet with leave ins and conditioner diluted with water and proceeded to braid and twist.

Do you braid or twist in sections or are you doing it in a cornrow? I've tried cornrow and can't seem to get it right. LOL!

I have done the braids as individuals and cornrows, twists I normally do individuals, and flat twist the front, which I leave twisted. In my album under the twist folder the 1st 5-6 pics show my twists and twistouts, the 1st pics were done on wet hair, and the next pics on dry.

Last edited:
If you want moisturized hair...that is strong because of the 2 textures, I would go with Aubrey GPB (it smells kinda weird, but after you rinse it out, the smell is gone.) For styling, if you are a little shakey on the braid or twist-out, I agree with the ponytail air drying. The more ponytails you use, the straighter your hair will be at the root. I also used to put a scarf on for about 15 mins, while the hair dried, to kinda keep it flat while it dried. Remember, how straight it is when its drying is how straight the final product will be. After its dry, you could run over the hair with a flat iron (don't forget the heat protectant!). After that, maybe try a moisturizing oil based product? Elasta Mango butter something like that?

Now could also be a good time to take advantage of the fullness at your roots and do a classy updo, like a french twist. Just make sure you smooth your edges and put a scarf over them for about 15 minutes or so while they are drying. (a nice setting lotion could help it stay flat. - I personally like keracare).

Last edited:
ThursdayGirl said:
If you want moisturized hair...that is strong because of the 2 textures, I would go with Aubrey GPB (it smells kinda weird, but after you rinse it out, the smell is gone.) For styling, if you are a little shakey on the braid or twist-out, I agree with the ponytail air drying. The more ponytails you use, the straighter your hair will be at the root. I also used to put a scarf on for about 15 mins, while the hair dried, to kinda keep it flat while it dried. Remember, how straight it is when its drying is how straight the final product will be. After its dry, you could run over the hair with a flat iron (don't forget the heat protectant!). After that, maybe try a moisturizing oil based product? Elasta Mango butter something like that?

Now could also be a good time to take advantage of the fullness at your roots and do a classy updo, like a french twist. Just make sure you smooth your edges and put a scarf over them for about 15 minutes or so while they are drying. (a nice setting lotion could help it stay flat. - I personally like keracare).

Thanks for your suggestions! I've been wearing my hear in an updo for the past week and that helps alot. I'm afraid thought that the bobby pins may cause breakage.

divinefavor said:
Thanks for your suggestions! I've been wearing my hear in an updo for the past week and that helps alot. I'm afraid thought that the bobby pins may cause breakage.

Hey no problem, I hope they work out for you.

Try looking for some Good Hair Days pins. They aren't as damaging as the regular pins. You can find them at Hairboutique.com and they used to be at Sally's. They're made of plastic... grip the hair well... and slide out without breaking hairs (unless you pull too hard).

Back