Stripping Shampoos

Lebiya

What is the best stripping shampoo available?

I use ALOT of products daily so im looking for a very good stripping shampoo to thoroughly clarify my hair after each time I remove my braids.

...any suggestions?

My favorite clarifier is Redken Cleansing Cream. It leaves my hair soft and clean without feeling dry.

Last edited:
Neutrogena has one that is good. Suave has one as well. I've heard that baby shampoos are basically clarifying shampoo. Also, shampoos made for removing chlorine for swimmers will work also.

Is there a difference between a clarifying shampoo and a stripping shampoo?

And how often do you strip and/or clarify your Hair?

I've never heard of a stripping shampoo, but that sounds like a clarifier to me. Redken Cleansing cream in particular is not just clarifying but chelating, which (correct me if I'm wrong, ladies) also gets rid of mineral build up in the hair.

For me, I just clarify when I notice my conditioners aren't working like they used to. Some ladies do it regularly, like once a month, twice a month, etc. It all depends on what types of products you use in your hair, your water (hard/soft/in-between), and of course your hair itself.
HTH

Lebiya said:
Is there a difference between a clarifying shampoo and a stripping shampoo?

And how often do you strip and/or clarify your Hair?

No. A clarifying shampoo cleans the hair and scalp of all buildup, but unfortunately they strip the hair of moisture because they clean so well.

Back