Straight to the Maxx

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Straight To The Maxx™ Product Instructions

Wash the hair with our PH-balanced Ion Therapy Shampoo.

Condition with Straight To The Maxx Silk Protein Enriched Conditioner and rinse the hair, then blow dry (Straight To The Maxx ION dryer is recommended).

Apply the mixture of Straight To The Maxx Straightening Solution Powder and Liquid. Iron the hair with the Straight To The Maxx Professional Flat Iron with Ceramic to lock the hair into a straight state.

Comb the Straight To The Maxx Straightening Solution through the hair for 10 minutes then rinse thoroughly. Continue until all the hair has been ironed, retexturized, and straightened.

HAIR TYPE CHART
Hair Follicle Type Styling time to achieve straight hair without Straight To The Maxx Result
after Straight To The Maxx Styling time to acieve straight hair after using Straight To The Maxx

Wavy - 35 minutes Straight
8 minutes to achieve added shine and reduce any frizz

Curly- 45 minutes Mild wave
12 minutes to achieve sleek, shiny straight hair

Extremely curly or frizzy - 55 minutes loose wave
15 minutes to straight, fuss-free hair

Tightly coiled or kinky (African-American hair) Unable to straighten without harsh chemicals or relaxers
Results may vary Results may vary

Bleached, chemically permed or straightened hair (treatment compleated within the last eight weeks) Not Applicable See warnings Dependant upon results
___
The hair commericial made it seem like it would straighten black hair but the site states otherwise so I guess they were not deceptive after all.

I saw that on tv too and was very skeptical. I guess I am spooked by a lot of the products that advertise on tv. I'm not trying to be their test dummy. Remember RIO and that other relaxer that Debbie Allen was trying to sell. I heard too many horror stories about those things, so I choose to just stick with my regular old relaxer.

Candycane

I too was reminded of Rio and those other relaxers and thought it seemed fishy.

I was reminded of the thermal reconditioning process. It seems like a knock-off home use version of TR. As I understand it the steps are very similar - put a solution on, work it through, rinse it out and then flatiron.

Makes sense and it was bound to happen. Anytime a new beauty or hair innovation comes along the knock-off comes soon after.

I don't think I'd try it on mine though.

There is already a similar perm for caucasians on the market. I bought it and, as expected, it did not straighten my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
There is already a similar perm for caucasians on the market. I bought it and, as expected, it did not straighten my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it make your hair wavy or did you notice any effect?

If you contact Straight to the Maxx customer service, they'll tell you that the active ingredient is a form of ammonium. (Most perms marketed for white people are, and so is Vigorol for black folks.)

Note: Hair previously treated with a hydroxide based chemical shouldn't be treated with an ammonium straightener. It says so in the fine print on all the no-lye kits.

Back