Straight Hair ENVY!!

clarity2008

Yall I got a real bad case of straight hair envy! I REALLY REALLY WANT TO relax my hair. It will be easier to manage and to straighten. The last time I relaxed it broke my hair soooo bad. It was F*@%ED UP! I also did not care about my hair either. I feel like now that I know how to better care for my hair I will be able to handle a relaxer. I am having some breakage and shedding now so I am not sure what I should do. My SO thinks I am crazy and talks alll kinds of ish when he sees me on LHCF but whatever LOL. Do any of you other naturals get the urge to relax?! HELPS!!!!! :wallbash:

Urge to relax...no. Urge to straighten...yes.(I'm on a no heat diet, 3 more months to go and COUNTING!)

:yep:

Weave it or wig it up.

I'm an advocate of the two week rule - anytime you want to do a permanent, irreversible change to your hair, you have to wait for two weeks, and stay firm that you still want to do it for the whole time.

Gives time for situational/hormonal impulses to work their way out. ;)

Girl, I get straight hair envy every 2 or 3 months. Sometimes I want to relax cuz it WOULD be a lot easier to straighten. But, I know that if I relax, then I'll get KINKY HAIR ENVY. And THAT I won't be able to do in just a day. So, I'll either straighten my hair, or get over it. :lachen:

I think I'm going to straighten this weekend actually. And sometimes I think it's more LENGTH envy than STRAIGHT HAIR envy for me. I think if my hair showed more LENGTH, I wouldn't really want to straighten. :perplexed

Girl, I get straight hair envy every 2 or 3 months. Sometimes I want to relax cuz it WOULD be a lot easier to straighten. But, I know that if I relax, then I'll get KINKY HAIR ENVY. And THAT I won't be able to do in just a day. So, I'll either straighten my hair, or get over it. :lachen:

I think I'm going to straighten this weekend actually. And sometimes I think it's more LENGTH envy than STRAIGHT HAIR envy for me. I think if my hair showed more LENGTH, I wouldn't really want to straighten. :perplexed

Agree with everything stated. This happens to me atleast once a month.

I get the urge to relax every so...I also get the urge to cut it all off. LOL....needless to say, I've done neither.

Well, you might consider a relaxer sense you probably have far better knowledge of how to care for it now. OR just get it hot combed and wear it straight for awhile...that might help you to decide what to do w/o a permanent change. It might just be a phase that wearing it straight for a minute will satisfy.

NO, never...but don't let that stop you from doing what you feel will make you happy. If you feel like relaxing, do you girl, and don't be ashamed of your decision.

You have all the tools needed to have some fabulously healthy relaxed hair, so do you chica :grin:

Yall I got a real bad case of straight hair envy! I REALLY REALLY WANT TO relax my hair. It will be easier to manage and to straighten. The last time I relaxed it broke my hair soooo bad. It was F*@%ED UP! I also did not care about my hair either. I feel like now that I know how to better care for my hair I will be able to handle a relaxer. I am having some breakage and shedding now so I am not sure what I should do. My SO thinks I am crazy and talks alll kinds of ish when he sees me on LHCF but whatever LOL. Do any of you other naturals get the urge to relax?! HELPS!!!!! :wallbash:

You probably should not relax while your hair is already breaking. It could make it worse.

I get straight hair envy at least once a month. So I grab the flatiron and enjoy the straight hair... 2 days later I get bored out of my mind and miss my curls and wet my hair. I have nothing against people that get relaxers, but I don't feel the need to put something so permanent in my hair just to have straight hair.

Back