Steps For A Braidout

elliot

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me how to do a braidout? If this was already discussed, please bump it for me.

Thanks!
Elliot

The more braids you use the more texture you have and the longer your style will last. Shampoo, condition and let hair air dry. For moisture - I section off with hair clips, I like to mix my leave in condition, a little oil and water and apply a little of this to each braid. I roll my ends with small spong rollers. In the morning, I take my braids out and finger comb only. Works really well if you have outgrowth!! HTH

I've tried the braid out, but I think twist outs and bantu knots work better...so if the braid out doesn't work for you, those are options!

I do four little buns around my head..I did it for the first time last night. There's a thread about it sometime recently. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it. HTH.

I've only been doing braid outs regularly for approx 3 months ish, so not very long but so far, the easiest thing is after a conditioner wash, I put some extra virgin olive oil throughout the hair ends, then spray s curl activator on top. A few spritzes all over, not alot. Then braid 2 pigtails. The past few days though I did a 3rd braid at the crown for more wave definition higher up the hair. It comes out quite well and most importantly, stays soft and moisturized because of the scurl.

Each night I re wet the hair, spray a bit more scurl and re-braid.

The key to making it come out well is making sure the hair air dries completely before letting the braids out. Also, don't comb through the waves after its undone and find a good moisturizer to keep the hair soft all day long,

BRH,
How do you keep the ends from comming loose? I don't like using sponge rollers because it is my understanding that their usage results in dried out ends. Also, how long does it take to dry? When I tried this in the past, my hair was still wet the next day. My hair tends to take a long time to dry ...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
rosebud said:
BRH,
How do you keep the ends from comming loose? I don't like using sponge rollers because it is my understanding that their usage results in dried out ends. Also, how long does it take to dry? When I tried this in the past, my hair was still wet the next day. My hair tends to take a long time to dry ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya.. don't mean to answer for RBH, but I noticed her braidout is different from mine. Hers are cuuute, too! I tend to cornrow the full head of hair, just like this--- &gt; Cornrows
My hair takes forever to air dry, too. Which is why I dab the endz with a towel before adding oil to them, then I use those small, black hair rubber bands to do an open loop to curl the endz. If you're pressed for time, you can sit under the dryer, but it's still about an hour if your hair is thick, since the braids tend to lock in the water.
I only use my fingers to remove the cornrows and fluff. It's a comb-free style...

Hi Laela!
How are you? Thanks for responding. Can you please explain what is meant by "an open loop to curl the endz"? I couldn't visualize it.
crazy.gif

I'm lazy with the ends and don't hold them with anything. I just braid down to as far down as I can and that's it. If one comes undone then I'll re-plait and that's it. I find my ends stay.

using some thing to tie them though sounds like a good idea instead of sponge rollars which would absorb moisture and dry out my hair.

Let's see if I can ...

I place the rubber band about a half-inch from the end and wrap it two times around, leaving that half-inch of the end hanging. Then I bend that hanging end to meet where the rubber band is being wound and add it, wounding two more times to lock it in. That should make an open loop.
The bands are small, so 4 times is more than enough.
HTH

rosebud said:
BRH,

[/ QUOTE ]

After doing my braid outs, I use rounded tip bobby pins to pin up the two braids. I also use Elasta Q mango butter on my ends, and they stay moist all day. My hair is also wet the next day, and it's still wet when I unbraid it, but after taking the braids out and going outside for 30 minutes, it's usually completely dry. But I like my hair to be wet in the morning because I usually pull it back into a protective hairstyle, and for me, that's easier to do with my hair wet versus dry.

brownrelaxedhair said:
I've only been doing braid outs regularly for approx 3 months ish, so not very long but so far, the easiest thing is after a conditioner wash, I put some extra virgin olive oil throughout the hair ends, then spray s curl activator on top. A few spritzes all over, not alot. Then braid 2 pigtails. The past few days though I did a 3rd braid at the crown for more wave definition higher up the hair. It comes out quite well and most importantly, stays soft and moisturized because of the scurl.

Each night I re wet the hair, spray a bit more scurl and re-braid.

The key to making it come out well is making sure the hair air dries completely before letting the braids out. Also, don't comb through the waves after its undone and find a good moisturizer to keep the hair soft all day long,

[/ QUOTE ]
___
Funny, I didn't even know what a braid out was but last week I braided my hair in two braids and sprayed by flake spray on the hair and went to bed. The next day it looked like my hair had been crimped. Funny, how I happened upon a hairstyle that you all have been doing for months.

Back