Steaming Challenge 2012 - Part III

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
It's SUMMA!!!!

Are any of you ladies interested in steaming even tho its so durn HOT?! If you don't care, and are still totally into the utter goodness that is steaming, then join me - for Part III :grin:

Part III will be from July 1, 2012 :look: to September 30th, 2012.

To Join please thank the OP and post the answers to the following:

1. How often you will steam?
2. What method are you using to steam?
3. What products will you steam with?

The only rule is to try to check in at least once weekly.

Happy Steaming!

Challengers:
bajandoc86 - ME :lol:
IDareT'sHair
Nix08
Ms. Tiki
nichelle02
NappyNelle
kittenz
yaya24
Ida
KiWiStyle
bones
HanaKuroi
LisaB
Shay72
Nichelle_jb
MIzzBawsy87

Last edited:
Twice on wash day - I wash once a week.
Standup Steama :love:
Various Dcs
Ayurvedic Pastes
Clays
Errythaanng :giggle:

I steam regardless. I have AC so it doesn't bother me.

Still 2x per week w/Professional Steamer

Various DC'ers with Summer Scents that will change naturally in the Fall

I steam regardless too:yep:
1. How often you will steam? The goal is twice on the weekend but lately I've only been averaging once.
2. What method are you using to steam? have my darling stand up steamer (I only steam for about 10 minutes because I can't sit still but it's enough for me).
3. What products will you steam with? Generally protein conditioners to increase my protein content from cowashing so much. AOIN, AOGPB and Millcreek Biotin, Millcreek Keratin and Millcreek Henna (a new love).

I steamed yesterday with seemingly everything but the kitchen sink:lol:

I'm glad you tagged me b/c I've been slacking. I'm going for twice a week with whatever product or oil that tickles my fancy.

Thanks for the tag. I'm back to steaming! I had to replace my steamer and just started steaming again last weekend.

1. How often you will steam? At least once per week

2. What method are you using to steam? Stand up steamer

3. What products will you steam with? Whatever moves me! Everything from Wen 613 (my new favorite!), Joico Moisture Recovery Balm, Oils to steaming during my henna treatment.

Happy steamin' everyone!

I need to get back on point. I'll be steaming every wash day (1/wk) using my huetiful steamer and various conditioners and mixes. I hope I stay on track this time.

Thanks for the tag.

Of course I will be steaming!

1. Every week to every other week... it's going to depend on my hair style.
2. I have the LCL Steamer. :love2:
3. I will use AO conditioners, Giovanni SAS, and oils like coconut, castor, and hempseed. I like to steam on wet and dry hair.

1. How often you will steam? 1x a week (on Mondays)
2. What method are you using to steam? LCL/Salons r us steamer
3. What products will you steam with? various DCs

thanks for the tag. I steamed in henna on tuesday and then steamed in vanilla silk dreams. still using my lcl steamer.

I have steamed weekly this entire years and I love it!

1. How often you will steam? Once a week
2. What method are you using to steam? Professional Steamer from LCL Beauty
3. What products will you steam with? AO HSR, WC, GBP and Biolage Conditoning Balm. Sometimes mixed with my ceramide oil mix.

I would love to join the challenge again!:grin:

1. How often you will steam? Every wash day, so once a week roughly.

2. What method are you using to steam? Table-top Steamer from ebay.

3. What products will you steam with? Usually Joico Moisture Recovery but I'm on the low-side. Lately just coconut oil & Tresseme Naturals.

I would like to continue with this Challenge. Thanks OP for starting Challenge III. :yep:

* I plan to steam at least one a week, twice if I can management it.

* I will us my LCL Steamer

* I will use various Deep Conditioners along with various oils. (I'm a card-carrying PJ). I always use Oils when I steam.

I steamed today for about 30 minutes using Brown Butter Beauty Deep Conditioner with Grapeseed Oil.

Nichelle_jb

I steamed today with castor oil plus Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Conditioner for approx 20 minutes.

When I pushed the two switches in to turn on my LCL steamer one of the switches broke off. :sad: The other switch still works but I don't feel comfortable using the machine with the switch broken. :nono: I'm just being paranoid but....

I'll probably purchase a replacement model since this one is out of warranty.

Nichelle_jb

Yesterday I steamed for 30 mins with a alma and brahmi paste mixed with a marshmallow, burdock root and slippery elm tea. Hair felt so soft, springy and moisturized.:lick:

I am steaming right now. I oiled my scalp with red pimento oil, tthen I cowashed. I have beenunder the steamer for 20 minutes, but I plan on doing 20 more minutes

My cowash mixture was mixed chicks leave-in, and a little bit of argan oil.

I just finished steaming with Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask for about 30 minutes after first doing a Henna treatment under the steamer for 1 hour.

Nichelle_jb

I need to get back to steaming.

1x a week
Stand up steamer
Aowc, going to try ayervedic paste.

Back