Steamer Questions

Mrs. Verde

1) anyone steam with mega tek? if so do you follow up with roux porosity control to close the cuticle?

2) I read that using the steamer is good when you dye your hair. But I'm not sure how to use it. Do you put the dye on and then sit under the steamer? Or dye, rinse out dye, add conditioner, then sit under steamer?

1) anyone steam with mega tek? if so do you follow up with roux porosity control to close the cuticle?

2) I read that using the steamer is good when you dye your hair. But I'm not sure how to use it. Do you put the dye on and then sit under the steamer? Or dye, rinse out dye, add conditioner, then sit under steamer?

Hi Ms Verde -

To answer your questions -

1) I have used MT under steamer and I just followed up with Heavy DC...but it wouldn't hurt to use PC but in conjunction with the DC

2) I put the color in my hair, got under the steamer (abt 30-45 minutes), let it cool, rinsed, and then followed up with DC...depending on time/mood - I would either get under the steamer or just put on a plastic cap...

HTH

I have used Motions CPR under the steamer, I love my steamer. I found that adding moisture to my moisture sensitive hair under the steamer isn't necessary. I do add my protein and it still feels great. Motions CPR was going to the trash, now I won't be with out it for my steam treatments :)

Back