Stay Straight vs. Go Natural - I need some ADVICE!

Soliel185

OK - so after my salon disaster (:wallbash:) in June I pledged to baby my hair back to it's former glory - part of that was stretching. I stretched all summer, and then joined the 6 month C&G challenge in September. I just realized that by the time I take these braids down I'll be 10 months post! I went from natural to relaxed b/c I didn't know how to handle my huge 4a/b fro, but after everything I've learned on the board I think I might have a shot at truly healthy beautiful hair, whether it's relaxed or natural --- so should I forge forward with reaching my relaxed goal (MBL) , or just transition and say hello to the coilies come spring?? :spinning:

DISCUSS! :lachen:

From looking at your signature I can see you have such a beautiful afro, and it looks like you could do a lot with it.

Anyway, I think if you go natural you get to have the best of both worlds.

Hmm thats a good one. If I were you I would wait until you come off of the challenge, see what your hair looks like then make your decision so you can see how close to Midback length you will be then. Also you would have a alot of newgrowth so you will be able to decide better.

Your fro in your signature is INCREDIBLE. It's what my hair wants to be when it grows up. Go natural and if you want to straighten it occasionally you will have that option. Plus being natural will probably help you reach your length goal faster.

:bump:

I have considered texlaxing - there was a member who did her hair while was in it twists and it came out beautifully. I just worry about matching up the textures after that first application.

I Lurveeeeeeeee ur hair!!!
I think you should try to maintain it as natural?? If by the end of the 6 month challenge u still feel passionate about a relaxer then do it!

Your natural hair looks beautiful in your siggy. I would stay natural and experiment with it for a while and see what happens.

I think you should get to your goal length first, just so you can say that you got there. Then chop it off and start over and set new goals with that beautiful natural hair of yours. That way, you won't have any regrets because you can honestly say that you conquered relaxed AND natural :yep:

Thanks Ladies! I think that natural inspiration thread really got me thinking...I know that with my natural hair I would stick out like a sore thumb, so I have to be prepared for that too...I just really want a puff! :spinning:

Pinkskates - how do you maintain your hair with all that skating? I know I'd probably use stretched or straight styles for work to cut down on the stares and unwelcomed petting - but I work out 4-5X a week and I don't want to constantly use heat to maintain my style. Any thoughts??

Back