Spinoff: LHCF Youtube Series?

Southernbella.

Macherieamour's blog got me thinking about this.

I've seen series on Youtube before on issues like race, sex, politics, exercise. What do yall think of a series on haircare?

I said in the other thread that many people get lost trying to read a bunch of information, but seeing a video demonstration is so much better. Can you imagine how many hits a video like Macherie's tutorial would get?

Who do yall think of this idea? Each video would have a LHCF tag, so it they would be easily searchable. Would you be willing to contribute a video? If you did, what would your subject be?

I don't have a video camera but if I ever get one I would be willing. But my hair is about two inches from APL now so I don't think anyone would be impressed with my hair.

But I think it is a great idea. I think the video should first address the black hair myths.

And then go on and show them how to's from there.

:)

That's a great idea!!!

I don't have a beautiful head of hair, so it wouldn't make such an impact like seeing a head like Marchieamour's.

i could do something like Carusos :confused:

chica_canella said:
I don't have a video camera but if I ever get one I would be willing. But my hair is about two inches from APL now so I don't think anyone would be impressed with my hair.

But I think it is a great idea. I think the video should first address the black hair myths.

And then go on and show them how to's from there.

:)

Great idea!

I also think that it would be great to have tutorials for various natural styles.

lauren450 said:
Great idea!

I also think that it would be great to have tutorials for various natural styles.

Sounds good...my camera has a video feature on it, so maybe I'll do one for naturals!

this is a great idea. i wont add anything because i have a long way to go in my journey. like someone else said we could talk about black hair myths, expeically the grease=moisture myth, thats the main reason most of us have problems with our hair to begin with. someone can do a video on moisturizing, proper moisturizers,etc.

a video on caruso or any steam rollers would be great so we can show people that they dont have to use heat.

I'm glad you ladies like the idea!

I'd probably do one on flat ironing.

I wonder if we need Beverly's permission to use the LHCF name.

Someone should do one on henna too. I really would like to see a visual in how to apply it before I decide to use it.

I would love a series of videos like that on youtube, however by posting videos on such a public site it leaves a great vulnerability for the many haters who will not like to see Black women with long flowing beautiful hair educating other Black women. This site goes against every Black hair stereotype in the book as it is. I'd just be fearful of that, otherwise I'm all for it :)

Energist said:
I would love a series of videos like that on youtube, however by posting videos on such a public site it leaves a great vulnerability for the many haters who will not like to see Black women with long flowing beautiful hair educating other Black women. This site goes against every Black hair stereotype in the book as it is. I'd just be fearful of that, otherwise I'm all for it :)

I thought about it being so public. Is there any other way we can share videos?

Energist said:

That's a good point. I can already see the comments: That's weave! Let me see your scalp!:lol:

I think it would be worth it though. I sent Macherie's link to several friends, and they were amazed. I just wish we could reach a wider group of people with this info.

CandiceC said:
I thought about it being so public. Is there any other way we can share videos?

I'm not sure how else to share where it would reach a wide audience. We could have video links here, but I also want to reach the lost women out there who know nothing about LHCF, but desperately need the help. (I sound like a preacher.:lol: )

I would be willing to do a video once I get my hair as healthy as I want it and to the length that i want it to be. The subject of my video would be myth-busting or Hair-Care ignorance because I think that is also what hurts/misguides a lot of people especially young girls.

Energist said:

Yeah, I didn't think about that. we would have to bust our hair open down the middle, tugg at it a little, show close-ups for those who don't believe it is our own. But bump the haters if we can just reach a few black women.:grin: :lol:

lauren450 said:
I'm not sure how else to share where it would reach a wide audience. We could have video links here, but I also want to reach the lost women out there who know nothing about LHCF, but desperately need the help. (I sound like a preacher.:lol: )

I agree. This gives black women the chance to achieve longer healthier hair who really really want it but just don't know how to get it. Many women don't even think they can have healthy long hair. I always told myself my scalp was damaged. but it was my hair that was damaged and my hair practices that were damaging. I can't imagine not helping someone who needs and wants help, especially after God who I prayed to & other people have helped me.

I need a video on

1. relaxing
2. trimming and/or search and destroy
3. rollersets
4. hair prepping for airdrying
5. twistouts, braidouts
6. flexirod set

LOL I need this!!!!!!!!

What about a video section for this site since the public can view the Hair forum they can view that too..they just wont be able to comment which would leave out haters and those that are serious about it can stiil seee and learn and join if they want..

hi!! I put my Healthy Textures tutorials on YOutube.

It can be really scary because your identity is OUT THERE and Ive found people to be not always as nice and supportive as on LHCF (its REALLY rare that people are so receptive here :) ) so its just important to approve the comments (not just let people comment willy nilly) and disable "embedding" so people dont steal your video and post on their website or...dating service:lol:

good idea! I think it would help if we made list of the things we really want/need to see. and then we can make videos based on certain categories and that would make searching easier. and we should agree on giving each type of video a certain tag title so when we search for a certain type of video we don't miss any. for instance, all rollerset videos would be something like LHCF:rollerset:macheriamour:bsl:4b.
Or LHCF:Flat ironing:lauren450:mbl:4b etc. this would really help.
Also, maybe this weekend some of us can research alternative to youtube. youtube is great but it's popularity can bring out the weirdos. this thread has me pretty excited, ladies :)

macherieamour said:
hi!! I put my Healthy Textures tutorials on YOutube.

It can be really scary because your identity is OUT THERE and Ive found people to be not always as nice and supportive as on LHCF (its REALLY rare that people are so receptive here :) ) so its just important to approve the comments (not just let people comment willy nilly) and disable "embedding" so people dont steal your video and post on their website or...dating service:lol:

YAY!!!! :yay:

So I take it you've had some haters there.:mad: I'm sure it's going to help a lot of women, though. Would you be willing to include them in the LHCF series, or would you want to keep yours separate?

Any other ideas ladies?:D

Lotus said:
Great Idea...

I think youtube has a block feed back/comment option.

Yep I just checked Youtube's help section. Seems like you can block all comments and only allow comments from those using an access code.

Back