Spend The $18 PLEASE! Don't Ask Another Soul for Help w/ Breakage Until You Do!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Alright--I've been being cheap too! I've been down to the last little bit of my Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment and my hair has been breaking thanks to my own attempts at self-relaxing. (Never again! :nono:)

Well, I finally broke down and used my last little bit and spent $18 on another jar (this would be my 4th repurchase) and BAM just as always, overnight success. After the first night, the breakage was noticeably lessened. I skipped a night and then applied the next night. The following morning, there was no breakage. A week ago, I was easily seeing 20-40 broken strands DAILY people!

Here's how I use it: I scoop some out with my fingers then I rub it together between my hands. It softens and spreads very easily just from the small amount of body heat your hands rubbing together gives off. I smooth it through my hair. I may have to repeat that a couple of times to get all the way down to the ends. Then I gently comb or brush through and put my hair up for the night.

Please, give this a try for a week if you are having breakage issues. Remember, if you get it at JCP, you're entitled to a refund if you are not satisfied. Try this with a no-poo regimen (only shampoo every 3rd wash) and I think you'll be so pleased. :up:

Yes, I know you have lost count of how many times I've raved about this product. So what! :p

I was on my way to the BSS after work anyway...oh heck...why not? I'll give it a spin and see what happens. Been sleeping on this one for a while...

thanks supergirl for all your posts on this product, i am on my second jar. Lucky for me i can get it from my beauty supply store for 9 dollars:eek: it does what you say it does, it has helped me tremendously

Supergirl I'm cosigning this....I just got finish using it and have been using it since my cousin gave me hers. I love it!!! It smells good too.:)

Thank you Supergirl for this info. It sounds like an important hair item to have, especially relaxed heads. :yep:

I remember you post on hair breakage from before and ran out to buy this. I admit I haven't used it consistently and sometimes forgot I had it! :eek: That's what happens in the life of a PJ. I need to revisit this pronto. I need it bad.

Last edited:
I be try'in to tell the peoples...but they don't want to listen...girl, u hit it on the head (yes, pun intended)

I have a jar of this. I used it once and it did not sit well with me. I think it was the smell or something that I did not like and now it is sitting in my linen closet with all my other "to try agains". I may have to whip this out and give it a whirl again. At that price I was not about to throw it out!

Edited to add:

It is now out of the linen closet and in my bathroom. I have already tied my hair up for the night, but I am going to use this tomorrow night before I tie my hair up. I am not sure why the smell got to me. :confused: I just smelled it again and I like it. I'm excited now. :)

Last edited:
Nice & Wavy said:
I be try'in to tell the peoples...but they don't want to listen...girl, u hit it on the head (yes, pun intended)

This really tickled me!

Thanks for the reminder about this product Supergirl!

HoneyDew said:
I have a jar of this. I used it once and it did not sit well with me. I think it was the smell or something that I did not like and now it is sitting in my linen closet with all my other "to try agains". I may have to whip this out and give it a whirl again. At that price I was not about to throw it out!

Edited to add:

It is now out of the linen closet and in my bathroom. I have already tied my hair up for the night, but I am going to use this tomorrow night before I tie my hair up. I am not sure why the smell got to me. :confused: I just smelled it again and I like it. I'm excited now. :)

I had a problem with the smell in the begining too, but that passed. I don't know why it bothered me, but I love it now. :confused:

Yeah..........I love this stuff, I been using it for awhile. I actually like the smell.Reminds me of one of the perdumes I wear alot, "Angel" by Thierry Muggler

I guess I'm the only person who didn't like this product. It made my breakage worse. Once I stopped using it, my breakage stopped. My hair doesn't like mineral oil.

Supergirl said:
Please, give this a try for a week if you are having breakage issues. Remember, if you get it at JCP, you're entitled to a refund if you are not satisfied. Try this with a no-poo regimen (only shampoo every 3rd wash) and I think you'll be so pleased. :up:

Yes, I know you have lost count of how many times I've raved about this product. So what! :p
Okay, okay! Stop nagging! :lol:

VWVixen, where did you get it for $13.50?

Wishin4BSL said:
I guess I'm the only person who didn't like this product. It made my breakage worse. Once I stopped using it, my breakage stopped. My hair doesn't like mineral oil.

I gave it a couple of tries but it just seemed to dry my hair out.:(

jrae said:
Okay, okay! Stop nagging! :lol:

VWVixen, where did you get it for $13.50?

If you're in San Diego, I got it at the Beauty Supply Warehouse on 29th and University. It was $13.99 though, they also had the Mizani Rose H20 for $11.99. Gonna look through some old posts and see if the PJ in me needs to head back to the store!

ETA: My hair feels good this morning.

I got it when SG first recommened it. I liked it alot. I didn't repurchase because I like QB Sidr Butter so much but I will buy this again tomorrow. I did notice it stopped breakgae for me when I used it every three days. I haven't seen much breakage lately but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

alexstin said:
I gave it a couple of tries but it just seemed to dry my hair out.:(

It's definitely not a moisturizer. You would need to continue your normal moisturizing regimen in addition to the use of this product. Maybe the "H20" in the name is misleading, but it isn't a moisturizer.

Supergirl said:
It's definitely not a moisturizer. You would need to continue your normal moisturizing regimen in addition to the use of this product. Maybe the "H20" in the name is misleading, but it isn't a moisturizer.

I think that is the case with my Aveda Billiant Universal Styling creme. If I was having dryness issues, I don't think it would be enough. It just does not seem to be a moisturizer on its on. But, it is a great supplement to help me maintain moisture from my deep conditions and leave-ins.

Supergirl said:

I did but it still didn't work out. Maybe I'll try it again one day.

For those who have an Ulta nearby, they sell it and they have a $3.50 off coupon this week.:)

I used it last nite, I have a jar. My hair looks good. I am going to alternate with my Qhemet Amla Cream.

Back