Specific henna questions!

tricie

Hi, ladies,

I have been reading some of the threads about henna, but have some specific questions:

1) My hair is jet black naturally (I don't want any of the reddish tint and burgundy undertones), so I really don't need any color from henna; if I was to mix regular henna and not use the terps to activate the color, will it still do the conditioning and strengthening, or should I use cassia? I was reading that cassia may not be as effective as henna. What have you all found to be the best for non-color conditioning?

2) Has anyone used the Afshan Mehndi brand, or is the brand of choice Jamila (I hear about that one the most often on the threads)? I believe they are both body art quality.

Thanks so much ladies! :grin:

Since your hair is black and you want to keep it, I'd suggest doing cassia or even amla. The henna, even if no terp is added will deposit some color - it may be slight. Or have you thought about indigo?

I'v never heard of the brand of henna you mentioned.

I use Jamila, it's great!! Also I have black hair with a reddish streak at my temples on both sides (natural). The henna has made the red streaks redder, and gave my hair red undertones that you can see in sunlight and such.
I mixed it and used it right away so if you want to keep your jet black hair, you might want to use cassia. HTH :)

Back