Spandex Cap for Winter hats!

so1913

Just thought I'd share that using one of those Spandex Wrap Caps (they slip on like regular hats, you do not have to tie it) works perfectly under those wool winter hats! The satin like slippery material and non-bulkiness is a great fit and protector.

so1913 said:
Just thought I'd share that using one of those Spandex Wrap Caps (they slip on like regular hats, you do not have to tie it) works perfectly under those wool winter hats! The satin like slippery material and non-bulkiness is a great fit and protector.

I was just thinking about this, because its really cold now and i have to start wearing my wooly hat. I was thinking about wearing my satin bonnet underneath :look: and then taking it off when no one is looking, like in the toilets or something....
But i may have to look at those spandex caps too.

Great idea! I was recently looking at hats too and wondering how I'd wear my satin scarf underneath. I love hats but I've been avoiding them because of this issue. I do wear my snood on occasion. :yep:

loonatick said:
I was thinking about wearing my satin bonnet underneath :look: and then taking it off when no one is looking, like in the toilets or something....

I've been wearing a black satin bonnet under my hats. It's made of a very thin, light material. When I take my hat off, I make sure the bonnet is still inside it. I've only been doing this for the past few weeks and don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

So1913, do they sell the spandex caps you described in beauty supply stores?

thanks for the pic and link so1913!

If you don't mind me asking what does the 1913 mean?Sorority? I completely understand if you do mind me asking.

tishee said:
thanks for the pic and link so1913!

If you don't mind me asking what does the 1913 mean?Sorority? I completely No, don't mind at all! Yes, the founding year of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. :-)

renee_n_3000 said:
I've been wearing a black satin bonnet under my hats. It's made of a very thin, light material. When I take my hat off, I make sure the bonnet is still inside it. I've only been doing this for the past few weeks and don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

So1913, do they sell the spandex caps you described in beauty supply stores?

I do this since last winter and it works for me. Actually I recently sewed the bonnet inside so I dont have to worry about putting the bonnet on before the cap etc.

Thank you for the picture, SO1913. :)

lkg4healthyhair said:
I do this since last winter and it works for me. Actually I recently sewed the bonnet inside so I dont have to worry about putting the bonnet on before the cap etc.

Lgk, thank you so much for posting that because I keep thinking I should do that then talk myself out of it. I guess I've just been lazy. :ohwell: I am going to buy some more bonnets and sew them into my hats! :yep:

Hmm, those might be great under my headwraps. I have been using an satin/silk scarf underneath, this might work too. Thanks for the info!

Back