Sooo I thinking of getting a weave --- what do yall think

leona2025

It's getting colder. The number one reason I never wanted to try a weave is because I couldn't deal with it being hot, plus I like to wash my hair a lot.

Anyway I seen these awesome weaves on facebook. I would like to try one of these short cute style, but I suffer from fat head/face syndrome :lachen:. Anyway do you ladies think any of these styles would look ok on me and what type of hair is used for this? Realistically I hope to have this style at the least a week. I'm no good with maintenance. Is this hair style dated?? I would the color to be black with atomic turquoise highlights or a chunk:lachen:. Any suggestion and pics of bob hair styles would be appreciated.

bob2-1.jpg
Bob3.jpg
bob4-1.jpg
l_39be224548014bb8aca72bb374b45fc7.jpg
bob1-1.jpg

I also think the first one would look great. I am using Senghori Shells relaxed rhythms hair and I think it would look great for that style. Some girls have had issues with theirs holding a curl, but mine is doing great. California Lace Wigs AA straight might be good too!

If ur not good with maintenance or styling I would NOT go for the first one or anyone that has a thousand layers. You will look great as you walk out the stylists door but the next day when it drops what have you..... An odd mushroom cap looking thing. For short I would go for a bob with much more modest layers that you could easily replicate yourself , and when lazy it will still look good when not bumped.

Colors: the lighter bleached colors tend to tangle more and look drier in time.
Senghori shells is a great match for my relaxed hair but does not hold a curl for diddly squat ( 6 bundles, same result)

Bobbi boss is a good match for really smooth hair, or at least looks fabulous and not doll like, it holds a curl very well.

Outré tangles ( nest effect) and sheds like a mutha! ( many many bundles purchased, same effect) . Does hold curl.

Honest opinion: bobs or short cuts with super duper long tales look real ghetto to me. Jew curl tales are confusing. I like the first two styles, especially the second.

Last edited:
I like the second one with the bang, and also the third one. Since you're not too good with maitenance maybe you should get a quick weave to try out first to see how you will like it.

The second is nice and looks easy to maintain. I'd get a darker color though, and make those long pieces in the front shorter.

Thanks ladies. I wasn't thinking of using any of these colors. I wanted a cute black bob with green highlights the color my hair is now. Like the color in these pics. The first one is my hair. What length of hair would I need? IMG_20120829_140533.jpg

images.jpg

I love asymetrical bobs. I had one early last year. Like you I'm no good with maintainence. I would not get a lot of layers. The second one is cute with shorter front pieces.

I would get 8 or 10 inch hair.

Back