Something has to give!!!!!

LBoogie

Hi Ladies,

I cannot for the LIFE of me get my rollersets right. My hair is almost APL and I have the magnetic rollers but for some reason I can get the darn pins in correctly to keep the rollers in place or rolled tightly... I thought i was ready to do it after years of going to the Dominicans and "studying" but I'm starting to think I just don't have "it." I'm tempted to go back to blow-drying and flat ironing.

How do ya'll do it?????????? (pics would realllllly help).

TIA.

hmmmm....When I have done the roller set, I usually use one clip between 2 rollers and that holds them pretty tight and they stay put. I use clips instead of pins, perhaps that may help.

RZILYNT said:
hmmmm....When I have done the roller set, I usually use one clip between 2 rollers and that holds them pretty tight and they stay put. I use clips instead of pins, perhaps that may help.

I tried that too and they usually end up pretty loose....I dont know maybe I'm using the wrong pins..these are what I use.
292503.jpg

Lboogie said:
Hi Ladies,

I cannot for the LIFE of me get my rollersets right. My hair is almost APL and I have the magnetic rollers but for some reason I can get the darn pins in correctly to keep the rollers in place or rolled tightly... I thought i was ready to do it after years of going to the Dominicans and "studying" but I'm starting to think I just don't have "it." I'm tempted to go back to blow-drying and flat ironing.

How do ya'll do it?????????? (pics would realllllly help).

TIA.

Girl, this takes practice. The more you do it the better you get. I've been doing my own for over 2 yrs now and believe me when I started they were not easy. Also, the longer my hair get, they seem to get a little harder to do. They key is not try to put too much hair on a roller, make sure the hair is soaking wet, (I get a bottle of water to spritz), this makes grabbing the hair easier, I use end papers, and pull the hair taunt. Keep trying and you will get it.

Lboogie said:
I tried that too and they usually end up pretty loose....I dont know maybe I'm using the wrong pins..these are what I use.
292503.jpg

I am sorry, I wish I could come out there...sometimes an extra set of hands can help. Are you able to get the first roller tight? Once that first one is in, then you should be straight. Perhaps someone else can jump in and offer some suggestions. I don't have any visuals so that I can show you. :(

Okay....please don't scream on me, but I just did a google search and found some directions...and wonder could my problem be that i was starting from the BACK, instead of the front?

I just wish I could find some dern diagrams or something, I swear I need a print out on my mirror that i can look at while rolling because my photographic memory is shot. lol

:/

I can't use the magnetic rollers to save my life. I use the wire mesh rollers and roller pins...I am able to get them tight too.

Back