So Why Didn't You Tell Me About Instant Weaves?

hothair

Huh? Wow, so I bought a curly human hair one (Sensationnel) at the BSS, put it on and 30 seconds later, instant glamour! I mean come on! Bmore and RabiaElaine (where u been?)-bet you knew about this!:whip::darkcloud: It blended sooo nicely with my hair especially after I twisted out the front.

So ladies, I've found a brilliant protective style and can go back to my daily co-washes:yep:

O/T: I straightened my hair yesterday and I'm:drunk: I'm on the HYH so no pics yet - but ladies I had a TWA in March (2inches max) and now I got a minipuff:grin: more importantly my hair's the healthiest its EVER been-So stick to your regimens and you WILL see progress:yep:

Re: So Why Didn't You Heffas Tell Me About Instant Weaves?

Huh? Wow, so I bought a curly human hair one (Sensationnel) at the BSS, put it on and 30 seconds later, instant glamour! I mean come on! Bmore and RabiaElaine (where u been?)-bet you knew about this!:whip::darkcloud: It blended sooo nicely with my hair especially after I twisted out the front.

So ladies, I've found a brilliant protective style and can go back to my daily co-washes:yep:

O/T: I straightened my hair yesterday and I'm:drunk: I'm on the HYH so no pics yet - but ladies I had a TWA in March (2inches max) and now I got a minipuff:grin: more importantly my hair's the healthiest its EVER been-So stick to your regimens and you WILL see progress:yep:
hey hothair...i know ur on the hyh challenge but can i see a pic of u in the instant weave...u dont have to show the lenght of ur hair so ur not breaking any rules...i just wanted to see how it looks in the front with ur own hair twisted out and the top of the weave. i bought an instant weave during the summer but could never get it to blend in front with my natural 4B hair. TIA

:look: Uh I see the title got edited- sawwy :angel: Scarcity I've just been messing with the colour today so when it dries will do some pics and update:grin:

only thing is I'm beginning to suspect people I know are lurking here and will now learn my beauty secret dangit was going to charge £££ for it:rolleyes:

I never could get them to blend right with my hair. Too bad bc Ive seen some ppl wear them very well.

Girl, I've been wearing them for the past 5 years. But people all over the board have been talking about them. Where you been? :lol:

hey hothair...i know ur on the hyh challenge but can i see a pic of u in the instant weave...u dont have to show the lenght of ur hair so ur not breaking any rules...i just wanted to see how it looks in the front with ur own hair twisted out and the top of the weave. i bought an instant weave during the summer but could never get it to blend in front with my natural 4B hair. TIA

Scarcity, I usually cover all my hair up for that reason. I just wear a headband in the front.

:lachen::lachen::grin: @ the title.
:grin: I kept thinking huh? Nobody told me about this - shoo I even came up with a new way of putting in weaves and bought a lacefront!

I never could get them to blend right with my hair. Too bad bc Ive seen some ppl wear them very well.
:) co-signing with Bmore on the head band I flat twist the front bit and put on a head band

Girl, I've been wearing them for the past 5 years. But people all over the board have been talking about them. Where you been? :lol:
:ohwell: I'm telling you it seems I ALWAYS miss the good stuff on the board and come back when its just regular stuff, I put this thing on in the car from the BSS and went shopping:look: you shoulda seen me swanging someone even thought it was my hair :lol: I got followed around by 2 dudes in Boots (our version of Duane Reade)

Scarcity, I usually cover all my hair up for that reason. I just wear a headband in the front.

Oh ok...its just that ive seen most ppl blend it in so well without using a headband...If i have to use a headband, whats the difference b/w the halfwig and a regular wig...ya know?:ohwell:

:look: Uh I see the title got edited- sawwy :angel: Scarcity I've just been messing with the colour today so when it dries will do some pics and update:grin:

only thing is I'm beginning to suspect people I know are lurking here and will now learn my beauty secret dangit was going to charge £££ for it:rolleyes:
Ill be waiting:)

Oh ok...its just that ive seen most ppl blend it in so well without using a headband...If i have to use a headband, whats the difference b/w the halfwig and a regular wig...ya know?:ohwell:

I put the head band as a style option and pull it back a bit so you still see a bit of the front of my hairline- Generally no headband with this one you can bring the bangs forward and it blends easily *off to check if its dry yet:grin:* but really keep it quiet made a nice bit of change from the invisiweave

I put the head band as a style option and pull it back a bit so you still see a bit of the front of my hairline- Generally no headband with this one you can bring the bangs forward and it blends easily *off to check if its dry yet:grin:* but really keep it quiet made a nice bit of change from the invisiweave

See...thats what im saying...i wanna be able to wear the half wig with or without a headband...still waiting 4 pics...can u tell i'm impatient:grin:and u dont have to worry, we'll keep this on the hush-hush:lachen:

I lot of the regular wigs look wiggy. The parts look funny. And the hair falls over your forehead because it usually has a bang of some sort. It's rare that I find one that I like and it doesn't look wiggy. The few full wigs I have, I usually wear with a hat because I don't like how they look. When I was relaxed, I blended my hair with the half wigs. But even then sometimes it was hard to get it right. But now that I'm natural that ain't happening unless my hair is straight. And to be honest, I'm constantly worrying about if pieces are sticking up, if you can see the front of the wig, if the wig is sliding, etc. It stays more snug if I cover all my hair except the very edges. I just put a little gel on my edges and brush them back. Then put the wig on covering all my hair except the edge in the front. Then I put my headband on. Nobody knows the difference either. See... And both of these were synthetic hair. The first picture was right after I BCed. And the other one was from May of this year.

fall2.jpg
newpic.jpg

Last edited:

I lot of the regular wigs look wiggy. The parts look funny. And the hair falls over your forehead because it usually has a bang of some sort. It's rare that I find one that I like and it doesn't look wiggy. The few full wigs I have, I usually wear with a hat because I don't like how they look. When I was relaxed, I blended my hair with the half wigs. But even then sometimes it was hard to get it right. But now that I'm natural that ain't happening unless my hair is straight. And to be honest, I'm constantly worrying about if pieces are sticking up, if you can see the front of the wig, if the wig is sliding, etc. It stays more snug if I cover all my hair except the very edges. I just put a little gel on my edges and brush them back. Then put the wig on covering all my hair except the edge in the front. Then I put my headband on. Nobody knows the difference either. See... And both of these were synthetic hair. The first picture was right after I BCed. And the other one was from May of this year.

fall2.jpg
newpic.jpg

bmoreflyygirl I have a few questions for you?

How do you protect you hair under the cap?

I just started wearing my 3/4 wig this weekend (tested it out at a meet up so I could get the truth from other LHCF members and I got a positive response so I'm going to roll with her) Anywho, this is what I did to wear the wig. I pulled my hair back in ponytail, wrapped it in a ball and tucked the end under with a bobby pin. Put the wig cap(stocking) on partial so only my hair line would show...then I put my wig on and finished up with large leather look light blue head band. Only problem is I think the wig cap will cause friction on hair...should I go without the cap, should I braid my hair down or should I wear a small silk scarf under it?:ohwell:

I love, love my 3/4 wig this lady at pizza hut went "Oh my you hair is so pretty and thick...I turned to her and said "Thank you, I bought it this morning!" :grin:

fall2.jpg
newpic.jpg
Dang Bmore....ur the queen of halfwigs...it really looks good. the thing is, i never use gel on my edges cos im thinking it would not smooth my hair down....maybe i should try it smoothed down with gel and the headband. Also, u said u only left ur edges out, i think i was trying to actually wear the wig the way relaxed ladies do...they leave out more hair to blend it with...i may have to revisit this.
ETA: You place the headband right on top of the edge of the 1/2 weave so doesnt the headband poke up at the point u place it? I remember trying to use a headband with mine and the headband kept poking up....it wouldnt stay put:wallbash:

Last edited:

I just started wearing my 3/4 wig this weekend (tested it out at a meet up so I could get the truth from other LHCF members and I got a positive response so I'm going to roll with her) Anywho, this is what I did to wear the wig. I pulled my hair back in ponytail, wrapped it in a ball and tucked the end under with a bobby pin. Put the wig cap(stocking) on partial so only my hair line would show...then I put my wig on and finished up with large leather look light blue head band. Only problem is I think the wig cap will cause friction on hair...should I go without the cap, should I braid my hair down or should I wear a small silk scarf under it?:ohwell:

I love, love my 3/4 wig this lady at pizza hut went "Oh my you hair is so pretty and thick...I turned to her and said "Thank you, I bought it this morning!" :grin:

^^^^To the above , i would have said "thank you" and kept on walking:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I don't really do anything to my hair underneath. I usually just pull it back. Sometimes I plait it since it doesn't really lay flat now that I'm natural. But that's about it. I don't wear wig caps or scarves or anything underneath. And I've never had a problem in 5 years. Just watch the comb around your edges. I've heard some people complain about that. I used to wear them everyday my sophomore year of college.

Dang Bmore....ur the queen of halfwigs...it really looks good. the thing is, i never use gel on my edges cos im thinking it would not smooth my hair down....maybe i should try it smoothed down with gel and the headband. Also, u said u only left ur edges out, i think i was trying to actually wear the wig the way relaxed ladies do...they leave out more hair to blend it with...i may have to revisit this.
ETA: You place the headband right on top of the edge of the 1/2 weave so doesnt the headband poke up at the point u place it? I remember trying to use a headband with mine and the headband kept poking up....it wouldnt stay put:wallbash:

Thanks. The only part of my hair that's showing is the baby hair around the edges. None of my hair is actually out. I put the wig on as if I'm covering up ALL of my hair. But I move it back maybe an inch or so from my hairline. Then that's where I put the headband. Below he headband you see my edges on the side and above it, all you're seeing is the wig hair. I try to put the headband right over where the wig part is. No, it doesn't poke up. That's why I use those big plastic headbands. You could also try a scarf as a headband (like I have on in the first picture) if you can't get the regular hard ones to stay.

Last edited:

[/b][/color]
^^^^To the above , i would have said "thank you" and kept on walking:lachen::lachen::lachen:

LOL I tried but she was sitting next too me and if she keeps staring too long she's going to notice something. :lachen:So the second time she said it I went I told her because she needed help but her sister had really nice hair. I don't understand for the life of me what happened to her head though. :ohwell:

I don't really do anything to my hair underneath. I usually just pull it back. Sometimes I plait it since it doesn't really lay flat now that I'm natural. But that's about it. I don't wear wig caps or scarves or anything underneath. And I've never had a problem in 5 years. Just watch the comb around your edges. I've heard some people complain about that. I used to wear them everyday my sophomore year of college.

Thank bmoreflyygirl...imma leave it alone then. :grin: Less is probably more.

Ya know...I guess it never looked bad when I used to wear them...especially in pics, but I was self conscious bc in the mirror I always thought it didnt look right. But one of my friends' used to look so good it just looked like a nice sew in or even like it could be her hair.

Ill attach a few of mine.

Attachments

• 628053987_l.jpg
    628053987_l.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 693412946_l.jpg
    693412946_l.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 960087193_m.jpg
    960087193_m.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 16

fall2.jpg
newpic.jpg

Very Cute Bmore! These look really nice on you.:yep:

Thanks. The only part of my hair that's showing is the baby hair around the edges. None of my hair is actually out. I put the wig on as if I'm covering up ALL of my hair. But I move it back maybe an inch or so from my hairline. Then that's where I put the headband. Below he headband you see my edges on the side and above it, all you're seeing is the wig hair. I try to put the headband right over where the wig part is. No, it doesn't poke up. That's why I use those big plastic headbands. You could also try a scarf as a headband (like I have on in the first picture) if you can't get the regular hard ones to stay.
yea..i thought about using scarves instead....Thanks very much
Hothair...do i have to send an APB (sp?) out...where ma pics????????

Dang, you upset huh :grin:. I'm gonna let you in on another secret, try wearing a satin bonnet under your half wig instead of a wig cap.

Dang, you upset huh :grin:. I'm gonna let you in on another secret, try wearing a satin bonnet under your half wig instead of a wig cap.
u can tell huh...hothair is gonna make me bring out the :whip: i know that wig is dry by now
thanx 4 the tip though.

fall2.jpg
newpic.jpg

Bmore those are too cute and I love how they look with the headbands. I never have tried headbands, but said that I will start when I dont feel like blending. I really love my half wigs, very convenient!:yep:

Back