So Revlon is Good?

Is Realistic Creme Relaxer W/Lye by Revlon any good?

• Yes: it is the Bomb!!!

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Yes: but it is just OK

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No: it sucks the life out of your hair

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smitmarv

I have heard that Realistic with lye by Revlon is good. I just want to be sure because I am considering a lye relaxer and it is only $5.99. I haven't seen too many reviews on it but I can't think of a bad one. I just want to make sure so let me know what you think.

hair type: 4a/b

I've used it before...it's kinda strong though. It got my hair super straight
I like Creme of Nature better, which is also made by revlon. I liked it because it left more shine in my hair.

I had this one used on my hair years ago. My hair was very straight. (almost to straight.) It was okay.

i HATED this stuff :( it made me look like a chia pet! and my hair was very tangled afterwards... i had to go on a super long stretch from relaxers after that.

Wow this is the most negative that I have heard about this relaxer, maybe I will stay away form it unless I get a lot of really good feed back. I hear that silk elements is good but I don't know where to find it.

I used to love Revlon. It used to get my hair super straight (which I like) but it stopped working once I started stretching my relaxers.

I used Revlon Mild for 10 years before I switched to Affirm without any problems. Even when I started going through some weird shedding and breakage, my dermatologist said it wasn't the Revlon and to keep using it. I only used the formula my stylist used though, not the store brand.

I use the mild and it is awesome. It also leaves my hair with body. However, I am thinking about switching to Elucence though, because I heard it was gentler, and I want to only loosen the curl, not relax bone straight.

smitmarv said:
Wow this is the most negative that I have heard about this relaxer, maybe I will stay away form it unless I get a lot of really good feed back. I hear that silk elements is good but I don't know where to find it.

I don't use silk elements however I did see it at Sally's last weekend. Also ORS Olive oil relaxer is really good too. However it is No-Lye, not sure if you just wanted to use Lye relaxer. But anyway, this relaxer is good, little to no burning, and your hair feels wonderful. Especially after using the ORS replenishing pak!!

I keep hearing good things about ORS but every No-Lye over time has dried out my hair but I have been thinking about that one too since it is getting good reviews. I just wonder if it really straitens the hair well. I have had relaxers that seemed great for the first 2 weeks and then my hair would turn to straw. I may thy ORS. I cut a lot of my hair off and I want to start over right.

Last edited:
Revlon took my hair virginity.
I used Super for like 10 years straight..then It just stopped doin anything
and thats when i switched to a no lye.

smitmarv said:
I keep hearing good things about ORS but every No-Lye over time has dried out my hair but I have been thinking about that one too since it is getting good reviews. I just wonder if it really staitens the hair well. I have had relaxers that seemed great for the first 2 weeks and then my hair would turn to straw. I may thy ORS. I cut a lot of my hair off and I want to start over right.

HoneyDew uses a no lye relaxer and she uses a chelating shampoo often to help remove mineral build up. The only problem I have found with no-lye relaxers is that they cause a calcium build up over time which is drying over time. It there is away to remove that build up, then I wouldn't see any problem with no-lye.

Sylver2??

sylver2 said:
To Creme of Nature-No Lye
then I switched to no-lye Optimum which I currently use
Do you have problems with dryness, or dull hair. I was just talking with HD about that, how do you get rid of the calicum build up?

Re: Sylver2??

AtlantaJJ said:
Do you have problems with dryness, or dull hair. I was just talking with HD about that, how do you get rid of the calicum build up?

for buildup I clarify...I don't hav a problem with dull hair, I do have a slight problem with dry scalp. but I like the way my hair reacts to no lye so I can deal with the dry scalp for now.

before i switched to phyto, I used the revlon regular on mine and it worked wonderfully w/o drying my hair. and I tend to be a frequent relaxer (every 6-9 weeks)

I like revlon. I used it regularly since January of last year. But it left my hair underprocessed which I didnt really mind thats why I kept going back to it.

I used this for 10 years also. It got my hair super straight. If you do consider using it, use the mild.

I loved the Cream of Nature, but they had stopped selling it in my area, so I swtiched to Revlon Realistic.

So about 75% think it is just ok or it sucks the life out of your hair so far. I may have to rethink this Revlon Realisic Relaxer. Should I try ORS? Can Silk Elements be ordered online? Those two seem to be getting the best results.

its a good relaxer. ive started using it and it makes my hair soft. it left me kind of underprocessed the last time i used it though but i think that was more of my stylists fault

Revlon Realistic is very good. I used it the last time I relaxed. My siggy pic was the result. I chose to use Revlon Realistic b/c I use to use as a teen and remembered it got my hair straight. The last few relaxers I used were Linange and Mizani and they both left me very underprocessed. So I decided to use something I knew would not leave me underprocessed and do a correction as well. It did its job well.

Revlon Realistic is very good. I used it the last time I relaxed. My siggy pic was the result. I chose to use Revlon Realistic b/c I use to use as a teen and remembered it got my hair straight. The last few relaxers I used were Linange and Mizani and they both left me very underprocessed. So I decided to use something I knew would not leave me underprocessed and do a correction as well. It did its job well.

Thanks. Your hair look great!:yep:

Back