So My Hair Was Feeling Like Steel Wool Today and now...

Sianna

It feels fantastic!

Now before I say anything further, I want to say that there is nothing wrong with coarse, wiry hair, IF your hair normally feels like that! Mine normally has a more cottony feel to it and I have no idea where I went wrong! It actually started feeling that way a couple of days ago and I have no idea why.

So, I decided to co-wash it. I rinsed my hair with plain, warm water and then I slathered it down with Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner. Then I added a nice coating of Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil. THEN, I added a nice slathering of vegetable glycerin. The glycerin did something really interesting. I had never touched it before, just mixed it in water for spritzing my hair, but I was surprised that it warmed in my hands as I rubbed them together. When I massaged it into my hair, I still felt the warming effects and found it rather nice. :)

Anyway, I let this sit on my head for about 45 minutes or so, uncovered, and then washed it out. My hair was cottony soft! It felt fantastic!

I think I will try this again in the near future! All of the items are really inexpensive, yet together they made my hair feel better than any DC I have used to date!

Just wanted to share!

Oh, and the ingredients for the Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil are as follows:

Ingredients
Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

Pretty good for two bucks if I do say so myself! :yep:

Last edited:
I have naturally coarse hair and I like it, however I doubt that anyone wants or enjoys having hair that feels like steel wool. I'm working on a regimen so I don't have to get that feeling ever again. :) Your tip about the glycerin is noted.

as a short cut on days you may not be washing, you can also try putting a glycerin based product in your hair and going into the shower (w/ the shower cap on) and allowing the bathroom to get steamy (close the door). b/c glycerin is a humectant the steam will be attracted to your hair and by the time you leave the bathroom (say 15 min) your hair will be super soft. that was my routine when i was using "the juice" regularly.

as a short cut on days you may not be washing, you can also try putting a glycerin based product in your hair and going into the shower (w/ the shower cap on) and allowing the bathroom to get steamy (close the door). b/c glycerin is a humectant the steam will be attracted to your hair and by the time you leave the bathroom (say 15 min) your hair will be super soft. that was my routine when i was using "the juice" regularly.

Thanks for the advice! But that's just the thing, I do use the juice! I don't know what I did that caused my hair to suddenly become so dry and rough feeling! Whatever the case, I'm soooo glad it feels better now! :grin:

Back