So, if you use a No-Lye Rexlaxer...

MadisonK

Does your hair not benefit much from deep conditioning when you use a no-lye relaxer? I read somewhere that lye relaxers allow your hair to benefit from conditioning, but not no-lye. So, I'm wondering have I been deep conditioning and wasting my time? :ohwell:

Does your hair not benefit much from deep conditioning when you use a no-lye relaxer? I read somewhere that lye relaxers allow your hair to benefit from conditioning, but not no-lye. So, I'm wondering have I been deep conditioning and wasting my time? :ohwell:

I think the reason someone said this is because of the build up from the mineral deposits that no lye leaves on the hair, which leads to dryness. But you can use a chelating shampoo to get rid of the buildup from the no lye.

I use a no-lye and definitely recommend Deep Conditioning. I feel the benefits each and every time I DC.

If you clarify regularly, you shouldn't have a problem absorbing nutrients from your conditioners.

I think the reason someone said this is because of the build up from the mineral deposits that no lye leaves on the hair, which leads to dryness. But you can use a chelating shampoo to get rid of the buildup from the no lye.

Thanks locabouthair and BillyJay! That makes sense. :grin:

Back