So I have the shiny, soft hair but now I have itchy scalp and dandruff

I dont know what to do!!!

DH was combing through my hair last night(He always does this and insists on doing it!!!) and he found a lot of dandruff.

In order to get rid of this as a child I remember my mother use to warm up olive oil and rub it in my scalp. But I haven't seen this prob in years.

However my hair seems so healthy and shiny.

What could be causing this? Any ideas on what to do to stop this?

I never had this trouble when my hair was always dry.:wallbash: Help!

Last edited:
Maybe you should shampoo more often or switch your shampoo? When I shampoo twice a week, my dandruff problem goes away. But the past couple of months I forgot about shampooing twice a week and started doing more cowashing...dandruff came back.

My scalp just likes to be cleansed a lot. Maybe this will work for you too!

PS I used to have to use Head & Shoulders until I realized I just needed to shampoo more often.

It's difficult to tell what could be causing it unless you tell us your regimen.

But, in general, I would recommend washing your SCALP more often with shampoo / baking soda solution (at least twice per week) and neem oil on the scalp.

Mix some shampoo in an applicator bottle with lemon juice. Shake it up and apply directly to your scalp. I found that I had product buildup on m scalp, b/c my hair was so thick I wasn't getting all of it, so the applicator bottle helped. The lemon juice is very gentle and will break up the build up and cleanse your scalp. Also, it rinses easy.

Follow with a moisturizing con and you should be good to go!

I co wash everyday, moisturise with Olive Oil Hair Moisturiser and seal with jojoba oil.

I clarify and wash with a light protein once a week.

I am in a bun almost everyday.

I use no heat at all.

Thanks for the advice ladies I will def try and see.

I'll also check to see if i've changed anything recently actually.

Maybe you should shampoo more often or switch your shampoo? When I shampoo twice a week, my dandruff problem goes away. But the past couple of months I forgot about shampooing twice a week and started doing more cowashing...dandruff came back.

My scalp just likes to be cleansed a lot. Maybe this will work for you too!

PS I used to have to use Head & Shoulders until I realized I just needed to shampoo more often.

agreeing with the bolded!!

Back