So I had to Stray from Silk Elements

KhandiB

I really liked the way it made my hair feel..
It underprocessed me and I left it in longer than specified on the instructions,

I did a bantu today and boy o boy... This will be my uno nuno relaxer :lol:

In the past it is the only relaxer I ever remember relaxing my hair totally straight. Application and smoothing only took 18 minutes and my hair is exactly how I like it :)

After I rinsed the relaxer out, I just CPR'd for 5 min, neutralized with Profectiv Mousse and Proclaim .. Now Im Conditioning with a mixture of SE Moisturizing Treatment and Motions Moisture Plus ..

Im very happy...

Its so funny you posted because I just peeked in your fotki and saw that you were gonna relax soon!! Thats crazy!:lol: Anyway, when you relaxed with the Silk Elements last time, what strength did you use? Well Im glad you are happy with your new relaxer!!:grin:

Glad you found a relaxer that works for your hair.

The two guys in your ziggy are ****H O T *****

Last edited:
KhandiB said:
I really liked the way it made my hair feel..
It underprocessed me and I left it in longer than specified on the instructions,

I did a bantu today and boy o boy... This will be my uno nuno relaxer :lol:

In the past it is the only relaxer I ever remember relaxing my hair totally straight. Application and smoothing only took 18 minutes and my hair is exactly how I like it :)

After I rinsed the relaxer out, I just CPR'd for 5 min, neutralized with Profectiv Mousse and Proclaim .. Now Im Conditioning with a mixture of SE Moisturizing Treatment and Motions Moisture Plus ..

Im very happy...

was that your first time trying the SE relaxer?

KhandiB,

Your hair always looks great! It has so much shine. Is that the Kemy Oyl that is giving it that shine? It is one of my staples, too, but my hair is brown-red with NO shine at all. I guess I have to dye it to get some gloss with the Kemi Oyl.

I am going to try ORS the next time I relax.

I am glad your hair turned out nicely.

Thanks Everybody for the comps on my boys :)

Candita - Yes it was my first time using it...

DAX - Usually just Kemi, but I use Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine Serum and sometimes I use Fantasia IC Heat Protectant along with it. But just puttin the Kemi on myhair usually shines it up a bit!

I've used Bantu for years, (super strength) and loved it!! This was the only relaxer that I swore by for my thick hair to be nice and straight.
Glad you like it :)

Must be something wrong with me because Bantu has me texlaxed.:lol: I wonder what Silk E. will do for me. I gave up on the relaxing straight thing anyways, so I should be cool.

But Khandi, I am glad you are feelin' it again..:)

Khandi, I had the same problem with SE regular (used it twice) ...I have very thick, resistant hair too. Maybe I will give Bantu a try. ;)

Use the one for coarse hair then (silk elements). That joint left my hair stick straight in a just a few min.! :eek: And my hair is usually left underprocessed by most lye relaxers. I have to use the regular next time b/c it's no joke!

secretdiamond said:
Use the one for coarse hair then (silk elements). That joint left my hair stick straight in a just a few min.! :eek: And my hair is usually left underprocessed by most lye relaxers. I have to use the regular next time b/c it's no joke!

I'll try SE for coarse hair my next touch up, because I actually like the way it makes my hair feel. It just was underprocessed.

Last edited:
Back