Sniff, Sniff- Can't Take MSM-What's a Girl To Do?

scorpio

All MSM Users,

I started taking MSM about 3 weeks ago. I bought the powder form by Source Naturals (paid 20 bucks for this stuff). It also has Vitamin C in it. The bottle says take a 1/2 teaspoon with juice or water. It says this dose should be 2.7 g (2700 mg). I read somewhere on the board that some of you take this amount and see nice results.

Ok, so I also take biotin (the GNC HSN), which has given me great results, but it makes my 4a/4b hair act like 5b hair-seriously, which makes it impossible for me to stretch beyond 7 weeks.

So, I decide to take the MSM and as far as I can tell, no headaches or noticeable changes. Then right before my cycle, I get these 2 huge cysts that I cannot get to go away or dry up for anything. Then my cycle comes-and what do you know-no bad cramping as usual, so I am like ok, I am liking this. And then, the second day of my period, I have such heavy flow (very abnormal), that I had to leave work early. My period was also 3 days early-which has never ever happened. I do not think I can deal with this, on top of the cysts, so I need a suggestion.

1) Is there anything else I can take that softens up new growth other than topical treatments?

2) What is the smallest amount of MSM I can take and get some good results.

3) Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Ladies, thank you all for being so gracious. I just went through getting some nice length chopped off against my wishes, so I really am trying to get my hair to grow back faster.

Thanks again and sorry for the long post.

scorpio said:
All MSM Users,

I started taking MSM about 3 weeks ago. I bought the powder form by Source Naturals (paid 20 bucks for this stuff). It also has Vitamin C in it. The bottle says take a 1/2 teaspoon with juice or water. It says this dose should be 2.7 g (2700 mg). I read somewhere on the board that some of you take this amount and see nice results.

Ok, so I also take biotin (the GNC HSN), which has given me great results, but it makes my 4a/4b hair act like 5b hair-seriously, which makes it impossible for me to stretch beyond 7 weeks.

So, I decide to take the MSM and as far as I can tell, no headaches or noticeable changes. Then right before my cycle, I get these 2 huge cysts that I cannot get to go away or dry up for anything. Then my cycle comes-and what do you know-no bad cramping as usual, so I am like ok, I am liking this. And then, the second day of my period, I have such heavy flow (very abnormal), that I had to leave work early. My period was also 3 days early-which has never ever happened. I do not think I can deal with this, on top of the cysts, so I need a suggestion.

1) Is there anything else I can take that softens up new growth other than topical treatments?

2) What is the smallest amount of MSM I can take and get some good results.

3) Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Ladies, thank you all for being so gracious. I just went through getting some nice length chopped off against my wishes, so I really am trying to get my hair to grow back faster.

Thanks again and sorry for the long post.

First an foremost, cut your dose down. Start at 500mg daily and drink plenty of water. Increase you dose every other week and stay hydrated to help ease some of the detox symptoms. If you want another source of elemental sulfur you can try beet juice tablets, glucosamine, or L-cystiene. If you choose L-cystiene always take 1-2x the amount of vitamin c with it.

msm interupted my bc's and it made my cycle act up really REALLY badly. I quit that stuff with the quickness. I hope you listen to your body. I also hope you get fast healthy hair growth.

I have the Trimedica brand MSM and the stuff tastes absolutely horrible! My SO watches me take it and starts shaking his head :nono: because I'm trying to keep from puking! :eek: (gagging!) :lachen:

ayoung,

can you tell me more about the biosil?
What brand do you take and how often do you take it?
Side effects and also how much growth do you get with this?

Thanks ladies for the helpful advice. I have cut back on the dosage to 1/8 teaspoon instead of 1/2, so hopefully, this will help some.

Back