Smoothing down front and sides

Ladies hello. I am sure my question was addressed before, but I cannot find an answer so I am asking.

If you stretch your relaxers 4 or more months on 4b hair, what did you do to make the front and sides of your hair look smooth while in buns or other protective styles, without using heat?

Geez, yall can go 4 months! I'm at 6 WEEKS and fightin not to call my beautician. :nono: I can do it, i can do it...

I use whatever hair oil i'm rotating that week to oil my scalp and edges and then brush the "peas" down a bit w/ my boar bristle brush and finally wrap w/ a silk scarf as smooth and tight as i can get it and THAT lays it down like a perm...

Yes, 4 months (or longer!) is possible for stretching with 4b hair. :yep:
For me, if I must have smooth front and sides, I'll airdry (after applying my leave-in and oil) with a satin scarf tied tightly on my head (I rollerset the length). Setting lotion or extra products are not necessary. The scarf will slick and smooth the hair down in the front and sides very, very well. ;)
If the hair is already dry, then applying a little bit of conditioner (Humectin or Humectress can be used on dry hair), followed by the scarf tied tightly will smooth out the front and sides. :)

I smooth my sides w/motions daily hair & scalp moisturizer then put a scarf on to give it a smooth and sleek look....

I got good results last night on freshly washed hair my egdes & nape area are coily and the middle of my head is wavy

anyway products i used where elasta qp mango butter smoothed on than IC sparkle lites styling gel smoothed on and some coconut oil to make it shine
I used a bore brush to smooth it out

I will say my hair was white with the products but dried up nice and clear (had me scared for a minute)

my egdes where smooth and my hair was so shiney like i permed my hair last night and not in july

(i walked around with my edges fuzzy at the end of the day before i tried that)

and my leave in under all that was rush smoother

after putiing on my products i tied my scarf tight and that was it

Back