smoothing down Buns and Ponytails

sunkissd

What product do you ladies use to smooth your hair down when doing buns and ponytails. My hair is shorter in the back and that area is always sticking out when I put my hair in a ponytail. I used gel but I don't like the hard, dry feeling of my hair. Is there a better product available.

I only use EQ Mango Butter for my bun and phonytails. After putting on the Mango Butter I try my hair up. I normally do this at night and then in the morning just add my phonytail or bun.

I use gel. I alternate between Keracare Protein Styling and Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening gels. Neither leave my hair dry and hard.

I use my Suave coconut leave in and a bit of coconut oil. If I need a bit of hold, I'll use Elasta's Styling Foam, Pantene curling mousse, or Smooth n shine's curl activator gel. But usually if I tie my hair down w/ a scarf, I won't need to use a mild holding product at all.

I use Silk Elements Liquid Styling Gel when I have a lotta new growth. I wanna try Elasta QP Mango Butter.

When I don't have a lotta new growth, I can smooth my hair into a bun or ponytail with just a moisturizer like Elasta QP Oil Recovery Moisturizer.

I mix Liv hairdressing by Summit Labs and Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel. There is no alcohol in the gel and I find the combination gives me smooth, shiny hair.

Back