Smooth Down Review--Come'n'get it!

Boadicea

Smooth Down Review--Come\'n\'get it!

shocked.gif
Smooth Down by REDKEN may just be my new fave line of hair care products. I don't usually use ALL of a hair care line because there is usually something my hair doesn't like. This is hardly the case for Smooth Down.

Before I begin, I will post pictures in my album later on. First, here are some facts about my hair, so you know what this review was based on.

Type: 3B/C
Texture: mildly relaxed with LYE. I never leave my relaxer on for more than three minutes tops, therefore my hair is more of a pooffy straight than a stick straight texture.
Condition: Dry as a desert due to a lose of judgment back in September in which I decided to use permanent dye on my hair.

On with the review!

Smooth Down Shampoo: Mild, gentle, moisturizing! It's clear with a medium-thick consistency. It smoothed over the hair and scalp well. I could feel a difference while massaging my scalp and the effects didn't fade when I rinsed my hair. The shampoo is non-drying and left my hair soft and smooth.

Complaints: None

Smooth Down Conditioner: This left my hair soft, silky, smooth, and easy to detangle. It's very much like the 10 en 1 Super Rinse.

Complaints: It only comes in 8.5 oz bottles.
frown.gif
Also, I had to put a half-dollar size amount on four different section of my hair (top, ends, underside, canopy) to distribute it evenly.

Smooth Down Butter Treat: This is a great deep conditioner. I left it on for 5 minutes and my hair was so silky smooth, I couldn't believe it.

Complaints: Again, there's not enough of it. It's almost travel size. 1.7 oz is all you get.

Smooth Down Heat Glide: No complaints here, this serum is soft and non-sticky unless you go overboard. It melts right into your hair and not only provides heat protection, but give your hair an incredible softness.

The Verdict: 8 out of 10
Get yourself some samples and give it a try! If you want softness, if you need silkiness, if you're craving smoothness--this is what you have to get!

My only overall complaint is that the smell of all of the products is similar to Trésor or perfume from the makeup counters in department stores. I'm just not into perfumey scents.

Since I'm air drying my hair, I don't have an after picture. I will upload one later, when I flat iron my hair. I will put the other two pictures up in the mean time.

Re: Smooth Down Review--Come\'n\'get it!

Great review, thank you! And since we have the same hair type, and we both only leave the relaxer on for a small period of time... OF COURSE I'll have to try this line since it worked so well on your hair!
grin.gif
driver.gif

Sounds good!! I use Redken Allsoft shampoo and conditioner and their Anti-Snap Leave in. I'll check out the Smooth down line too!!

Boadicea...I have enough products right now...but I just had to say this was a FANTASTIC review.
laugh.gif
Very detailed and thorough...

I'm going to have to adopt your format and try to remember not to babble on and on!
grin.gif

Excellent review. I hope that I obtain the same results that you did...

I just got finished flat ironing my hair so now I can give a proper review of the heat glide. Here we go:

Smooth Down Heat Glide: As I said before, this melts right into your hair and blends smooothly. All you need is a little bit. It's easy to go overboard because this stuff sinks right in, but a little truly goes a long way.

One or two pumps will give you enough to cover all of your hair. My hair is currently 3 inches from bra-clasp length and all I needed was 6 pumps. You may not need that many even if your hair is longer, but I have not had good luck with serums in the past, due to poor distribution, so I decided not to risk it.

Upon flat ironing my hair, it became buttery soft with only one pass of my Jilbere. I usually have to use 3 passes to make it straight. The shine and softness is incredible and the smoothness and silkyness is unbelieveable.

The whole line is definitely a keeper for me. I will put up my After pic soon. I'm waiting for the batteries to charge for my digital camera. So it'll be up in a few minutes. You'll find them in the Products section of my album.

If you try it, I hope you like it!
smile.gif

Boadicea, you're review was great. I looking forward to trying this line.

Back