silk wrap GONE WRONG!

sweetsuccess

helllllllllllllllp...

this is my first week on the board.. n i was trying to do the wash n restrict from using my basic heat tools (blow dry and flat iron)... n i did the rollerset... which by the was a disaster..(i need rollersetting 101).. and i went under the dryer ... let the hair dry.. then sprayd a lil leave in and wrapped it then covered with saran wrap n went under the dryer... my hair was so ugly.. n i wudve had to flat iron it out... but since my roots were still nasty i started all over by cowashing... n now at this present time im sitting under the dryer with lil twist balls on my head doing a different attempt. n if this comes out ugly.. im just gona have to cowash tomorrow and blow dry n flat iron.......

are there any suggestions.. my hair length is in my siggy.. i dont know what else to do... i feel like blow drying and flat ironing is my best bet... but i wana do protective things.. but cant. i need help!!

my regimen today was:

prepoo with egg n olive oil with a cap for 20mins
shampoo with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv it!!!!)
conditioned with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv itt!!!)
deep conditioned with pantene deep penetrating mask with a cap for 30mins
washd out and rollerset with my own remedy of tea tree oil, lotta body setting lotion, and a vitamin e, aloe, and ttree oil mixture...
and before the silk wrap i used kenra light weight leave in

if there are any corrections or advice for me... plz help??

(i also switch my regimen from time to time n use kera care hydrating shampoo and humecto conditioning instead of the sunsilk)

TIA ♥

have you tried wrapping your hair and setting under the dryer and just having a flat wrap? (wrap with out rolling it first) you could also try a braid out

your hair is pretty and looks rally healthy

your regime seems to be good

I think the leave in did it because it is a liquid spray. It most likely reverted your hair with the saran wrap. Next time try a cream leave in. Silk wraps can be hard and require the right products, timing, blah, blah. I gave up on em. If you have a good moisturizer, dry wrapping for an hour is enough.

have you tried wrapping your hair and setting under the dryer and just having a flat wrap? (wrap with out rolling it first) you could also try a braid out

your hair is pretty and looks rally healthy

your regime seems to be good

my hair is so fluffy n thick.. i wouldnt know where to start to wrap it while its wet ...
and leme get this right.. a braid out is when iiii..... part my hair in sections and just braid it and sit under the dryer than unbraid it and do what? .. or is that a style??

I think the leave in did it because it is a liquid spray. It most likely reverted your hair with the saran wrap. Next time try a cream leave in. Silk wraps can be hard and require the right products, timing, blah, blah. I gave up on em. If you have a good moisturizer, dry wrapping for an hour is enough.

oooh good idea.. hmm lol :wallbash: a cream leave in wudve made so much more sense. alright then. il try that next time.. n if it still doesnt work.. ima give up n move onto another hair style.. thanks tho!

yea silk wraps didn't help with my roots when i would do it after a rollerset. It just made my ng more poofy. So i ended up changing my procedure. Now after a rollerset, i flat iron the roots only, then once that's straight i proceed with the silk wrap. I don't know if ur trying to avoid the flat iron all together, but if u aren't then u can try that

Back