silk scarf as a heat protectant?

Curlykale

I noticed that silk scarves don't hinder my air drying. So I was wondering: would wearing a silk scarf when blow drying or sitting under the hair dryer act as a protecting barrier? Has anyone every tried this?

That seems like an interesting set up to me, but the way I'm picturing doing that seems like too much work to me? I'd rather just deep condiiton well and spray something in it and call it day.

Ah, so that's where i have been going wrong. I should be using a silk scarf whilst airdrying overnight. I am using a du-rag and my hair is still wet in the morning/takes forever to dry.
(Have i understood your post correctly :look:)

Ah, so that's where i have been going wrong. I should be using a silk scarf whilst airdrying overnight. I am using a du-rag and my hair is still wet in the morning/takes forever to dry.
(Have i understood your post correctly :look:)

I do use an old t-shirt for 20 minutes before, but probably it has something to do with the porosity, what you seal with, overnight vs during the day, how much leave in... not sure about that.
I notice no difference between using a thin silk scarf and just air drying (except less flyaways, which is why I use it)

Bumping - I have the same question. Same goes for bunning with a silk scrunchie (wet/damp hair) then getting under the dryer.

Back