Silk Elements - this is interesting

Cayenne0622

What do you think? They aren't very detailed on why the product was removed. I'm glad it wasn't the adult relaxer that so many of you ladies like and I want to try.:D

Silk Elements, Inc. Announces Market Withdrawal of Silken Child Relaxer Kits

ATLANTA, Dec. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Silk Elements, Inc. is announcing a market withdrawal of:
373000 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - Regular 373001 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - CoarseThese two products were introduced in Fall, 2005. The kits covered by this market withdrawal are identified with the following indications stamped on the top of the carton packaging:
Silk Elements, Inc. has determined that consumers may find the instruction leaflet packaged with these products to be confusing due to component lettering errors. These errors could result in a skin and eye irritant being applied directly to the scalp. As a result, Silk Elements is withdrawing these products, sold only through Sally Beauty Supply stores in the U.S. and Canada, from the market to correct the instruction leaflet. Notice of this withdrawal will be posted in all of the stores.
Consumers may return the product for a full refund to any Sally Beauty Supply store. Information on the return is available via a 24-hour, toll free phone number -- 866-404-3062 -- or from any Sally Beauty Supply store.

g_2lineshort.gif

CGM054-a
</IMG>

I got this in an email a few months ago and almost died because I thought they were discontinuing the whole line. :eek:

But the lady at Sally's said that the kiddie relaxers weren't selling and that some people were having difficulties with the instructions.

Yes, they were very detailed:

Silk Elements, Inc. has determined that consumers may find the instruction leaflet packaged with these products to be confusing due to component lettering errors. These errors could result in a skin and eye irritant being applied directly to the scalp. As a result, Silk Elements is withdrawing these products, sold only through Sally Beauty Supply stores in the U.S. and Canada, from the market to correct the instruction leaflet

:look:

Cayenne0622 said:
What do you think? They aren't very detailed on why the product was removed. I'm glad it wasn't the adult relaxer that so many of you ladies like and I want to try.:D

Silk Elements, Inc. Announces Market Withdrawal of Silken Child Relaxer Kits

ATLANTA, Dec. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Silk Elements, Inc. is announcing a market withdrawal of:
373000 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - Regular 373001 Silk Elements Silken Child Relaxer Kits - CoarseThese two products were introduced in Fall, 2005. The kits covered by this market withdrawal are identified with the following indications stamped on the top of the carton packaging:
Silk Elements, Inc. has determined that consumers may find the instruction leaflet packaged with these products to be confusing due to component lettering errors. These errors could result in a skin and eye irritant being applied directly to the scalp. As a result, Silk Elements is withdrawing these products, sold only through Sally Beauty Supply stores in the U.S. and Canada, from the market to correct the instruction leaflet. Notice of this withdrawal will be posted in all of the stores.
Consumers may return the product for a full refund to any Sally Beauty Supply store. Information on the return is available via a 24-hour, toll free phone number -- 866-404-3062 -- or from any Sally Beauty Supply store.

g_2lineshort.gif

CGM054-a
</IMG>

Issuers of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.

Terms and conditions, including restrictions on redistribution, apply.​

Copyright © 1996-2003 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.​

A United Business Media company.​

Back