*sigh* I'm all over the place

Babygrowth

I don't know what to do. My hair is NL. I'm bored with it and its growing slow and although its texlaxed I want it straighter. I dyed my hair 2wks ago to avoid buying a wig but now I'm going to buy a wig anyway because I'm bored again and I plan to do a touchup February 4th but might do a corrective over my color treated hair. But I've also been thinking about extensions/weave.

Don't I sound all over the place? Has anyone else ever felt like this? Maybe I need a cyber slap.

Someone please help me create a plan that won't damage my hair but help me keep it interesting but also low maintenance.

Do you have a regimen? Are you interested in trying new products? Have you joined any of the challenges? :)

If you have thick NL strands, experiment with curly protective styles (flexi sets, knot-outs, really chunky braid-outs). These styles are #1 heat and chemical free, #2 really cute on NL heads, and #3 easy to create multiple ways to wear them (up, down, pinned halfway to one side, straight to the top (40's pin-up style), messy-bunable, half up, etc). Plus it gives you a chance to do the things you need to retain length and promote growth (pre-pooing, moisturizing and sealing, deep conditioning, co-washing, AIR DRYING, oiling and massaging your scalp, etc)

If you have fine NL strands, I would go with the sew-in so you don't over-manipulate your hair. :smile:

NappyNelle
I do have a regimen and I'm in the Cowash challenge and the DC challenge as well as the Tea rinse challenge. I shampoo once every two weeks with a clarifying shampoo being on of those times, I cowash 1-2x a week, and I DC twice a week. Since dyeing my hair I M&S every other day and baggy in btwn. I buy new products every month. I guess right now I really just want my hair to grow.

I have a serious hand in head syndrome.

DominicanBrazilian82 I love flexi sets and such but they never turn out right on my hair when I do them. Plus my hair is not NL all over so I can't get it the way I want and I can't find a stylist I like.

I guess I will buy two wigs and leave my hair alone for a while. I will just call on you ladies when I get that itch to mess with my hair.

Thanks for the responses so far. If anyone else has some suggestions I would like to hear them.

@

Babygrowth said:
guess right now I really just want my hair to grow.

I have a serious hand in head syndrome.

Do you take supplements? Biotin, Silica, MSM, HNS?

How about growth aids? MN, Megatek, NJoy's Sulfur Mix?

I can relate. I didn't know if I wanted to wear a wig, flatironed, braids or Claude knows what else. I decided this past Thursday to go to the hairdresser to get a trim and flatiron. I'm texturized and haven't had my hair straightened in almost 2 years. It turned out really nice but I got in the sauna and that ruined that after 2 days. LOL I did at least do my own Cellophane and deep conditioner.

Oh ok! Darn, I know how you feel because now you're just playing the waiting game. *Jeopardy music* This is when I started lurking in the nail polish forum... and started buying polish like a maniac. :lol: By having more fun things to focus on, my hair didn't seem to take so long to reach my goals.

I dont know...maybe sewing and diy?.......learn to make cute things for the baby i guess........pretty much what i do.....i have taken up quilting actually( yeah i know lol)

Maybe do two flat twist on ur hair in front and then curly set, braid out/ etc the back if it's all not one length

And i would say do wigs...not weaves

Also all the styles the rest of the girls mentioned...look on youtube......personally my hair looked best/was easier to style at nl/sl.....i miss it sometimes

Thank you ladies! Youtube here I come again!! I've been on there looking at outfits, weaves, and makeup!

ChocolatePie777 Quilting?!? You're awesome! I have been thinking about crocheting... and yeah, I prefer wigs so I can take that thang off at night! What's the length of your hair now and how are you wearing it right now?

Thank you ladies! Youtube here I come again!! I've been on there looking at outfits, weaves, and makeup!

ChocolatePie777 Quilting?!? You're awesome! I have been thinking about crocheting... and yeah, I prefer wigs so I can take that thang off at night! What's the length of your hair now and how are you wearing it right now?

Quilting can be really rewarding...you feel like a BOSS when you are done......however it can get really technical, time consuming, and confusing....a lot of trial and error

I agree with you on the being able to take off your wig.....i get like all claustraphobic and ish so weaves dont do it for me

My hair is about mbl in the back(i have a really weird choppy mullet cut type thing going on but it still looks presentable).....im wearing it in a bun that is secured with a hair stick(also a new hobby of mine).... until i get around to flat ironing my wig since i dont plan on wearing my hair out this winter.

I ususally do wash and gos of some sort or puffs....twist outs and the like dont look right in my hair.....it always comes out malnourised like :(

ChocolatePie777 I wish I could say my longest layer was MBL. My hair seems to get to almost SL and disappear but now I have the LHCF arsenal behind me so I will catch up to you one day. I agree with the twist out look because I feel the same way about my hair. I like rollersets though and I can't wait until I can do a spiral set! Hair stick? Explain. :-)

I've experienced being all over the place.
Trying lots of challenges, switching from product to product, from one bit advice to the next!

The best thing I did was the Hide My Hair challenge. I would weave for 3 months at a time and my hair would go untampered with for months on end. I would moisturise and wash and condition my hair underneath.

In that time I did my reading and research and when I revealed my new growth I was clearer about where I wanted to take my hair journey and what I expected as the outcome.

And less frantic with scissors and manipulating.
Worth a try I'd say.

I say yes to the wigs, twist/braid-outs, fake ponies, headbands...Most importantly keep the hair moisturized and the scalp clean. :)

Back