Show me PICS of your Hair Toys!!!

pmichael52172

I am Transitioning and while looking for winter products to phase out for summer products I also need to start thinking about hair accessories. I'll need to keep this "mop" together (I'm not bc'ing) or at least create the illusion of togetherness while still looking cute.

I've found plenty of links to sites that sell them, but it's no good to me if I don't know HOW to wear them. Right now my hair can't even make a ponytail, but in the next couple of months, I should at least be able to do a cute pin up in the back.

I want to see PICS of how you all are wearing your headbands, scarves, bows, clips, barrettes... shoot even your phony ponies and mane clips.

Thanks ladies.

Here are some in my siggy. The rhinestone/crystal accessories are mini combs...I love them. Got them at Ulta...I think it was 2 for $8

Flexi8
100_5278_edited.jpg
026.JPG

003.JPG

picture+1.jpg

picture+of+tail.jpg

ficcare
bun05.jpg

scarf
100_4855_edited.jpg

clips
050.JPG

020.JPG

beads
lewis.jpg

100_5156_edited.jpg

100_4734_edited.jpg

005.JPG

006.JPG

Flexi8
100_5278_edited.jpg
026.JPG

003.JPG

picture+1.jpg

picture+of+tail.jpg

ficcare
bun05.jpg

scarf
100_4855_edited.jpg

clips
050.JPG

020.JPG

beads
lewis.jpg

100_5156_edited.jpg

100_4734_edited.jpg

005.JPG

006.JPG

What size are your flexi-8 that you have with the half down style? I have a total of 6 of them (5 large, and 1 extra large) and to me they are great if you don't have really thick hair. I first brought the median but I was limited to the styles I could do with them. I think the figure 8 part should be more stretcher to go over more hair.

What size are your flexi-8 that you have with the half down style? I have a total of 6 of them (5 large, and 1 extra large) and to me they are great if you don't have really thick hair. I first brought the median but I was limited to the styles I could do with them. I think the figure 8 part should be more stretcher to go over more hair.

I only use the large and exlarge now. I'm using the large with the half down style.

(Thanks Allandra)

I never thought I'd be answering my own thread, but I went into Walmart and found this cute head band today that I think will keep me "together" during my transition. It's hard to tell by looking at the pic, but I like it for 4 reasons:

1) It's wide in the front so it will cover my edges and the top of my head

2) Because of the width, I can fold it one or two times to make a skinny headband

3) It's skinny in the back with covered elastic so my hair won't get bulky looking in the back and most importantly:

4) The band is satin/silk underneath so it is not damaging to my hair and edges.

View attachment 26953

Last edited:

I LOVE Flexi8 clips

picture.php

picture.php

this is my hair today
100_5282_edited.jpg

you can do sooo much with this clips.

I LOVE Flexi8 clips

picture.php

picture.php

this is my hair today
100_5282_edited.jpg

you can do sooo much with this clips.

Wow I really like French braid one. One thing I notice about the flexi-8 is that more designs come in the smaller sizes, and the x-large and large only have a few

(Thanks Allandra)

I never thought I'd be answering my own thread, but I went into Walmart and found this cute head band today that I think will keep me "together" during my transition. It's hard to tell by looking at the pic, but I like it for 4 reasons:

1) It's wide in the front so it will cover my edges and the top of my head

2) Because of the width, I can fold it one or two times to make a skinny headband

3) It's skinny in the back with covered elastic so my hair won't get bulky looking in the back and most importantly:

4) The band is satin/silk underneath so it is not damaging to my hair and edges.

View attachment 26953

Cute head band. How does it close (tie, snap, hook)?

Cute head band. How does it close (tie, snap, hook)?

Thanks! It's one big loop, so you slide it on your head. The attached to it are two pieces in the back that you can tie into a bow or, just knot together and let hang I guess. I personally prefer just to tuck them under the band itself to hide it or cut if off if you want :ohwell:

Thanks! It's one big loop, so you slide it on your head. The attached to it are two pieces in the back that you can tie into a bow or, just knot together and let hang I guess. I personally prefer just to tuck them under the band itself to hide it or cut if off if you want :ohwell:

Cool. I get it.

Back